Sign in to follow this  
dc20willsave

The Hunger Games

Seriously, people, if you haven't read the series already, go and do it.

I'm glad to see a good actress getting cast, but I'm kind of disappointed that they went for the older, pretty blonde white girl when there was an actress of equal caliber who was closer to the more ambiguous description of Katniss (olive skin, dark hair) and to her age, when they make a pretty clear delineation between the people from the Seam (see Katniss' description), and the upper class merchants in Twelve (pale skinned, blonde hair). Part of what makes the series so brutal is that you've got kids as young as eleven in the Games, too, so unless they can make Lawrence look that young, they're aging it up to make the audience more comfortable with what's going to be happening.

I haven't read the books, but it sounds like you have a valid point. Due to how much I loved Lawrence's performance in Winter's Bone, I now have interest in a film where I had none at all. But like I said, your casting point in valid.

So go read 'em and get damn excited. :P They're pretty cheap in eBook format; first one's $5, and the others are all in the neighborhood of $8.

First clip courtesy of the VMAs (bleh) last night:

Teaser trailer

Looks like a combination of the fire scene during the Games intercut with just general hunting in 12 before the Games start. Looking good, and Lawrence definitely looks young enough. Also, the whistle call at the end of the trailer gave me shivers.

Oh, read the books, Will, wait till you see the insane shit the people of the Capitol do to themselves.

Loving Kravitz's look as Cinna.

Oh, read the books, Will, wait till you see the insane shit the people of the Capitol do to themselves.

After much pestering, mainly from you, it's on my list of books to read during my vacation.

It's definitely worth it. Also, as I understand it, la may have purchased the book today already and is at that point, which should be a pretty good recommendation.

Hannah, thank you for suggesting i read it, I'm almost done with it and it is an amazing book. It only took me this long because i get distracted easy and never finish anything i start.

and it begins.....

Lionsgate's franchise-launching thriller The Hunger Games has set a new record for first-day advance ticket sales ahead of its March 23 release, according to Fandango. Advance tickets went on sale Feb. 22, when sales broke the previous record held by The Twilight Saga: Eclipse in May 2010.

Hundreds of showtimes have already been sold out for Games, an adaptation of Suzanne Collins' bestselling young adult novel. Gary Ross has directed, with Jennifer Lawrence, Liam Hemsworth and Josh Hutcherson starring.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/hunger-games-tickets-twilight-eclipse-294676?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+thr%2Ffilm+%28The+Hollywood+Reporter+-+Movies%29