The Chronicles of World's Finest Podcast

RSS

Over the past four years, Michael David Sims and I have co-hosted arguably the most popular podcast in Earth-2.net's seven-year history: World's Finest Podcast. And what a ride it's been. Even at our single most gleefully optimistic moment all those years ago, we never could have dreamed that the show would have reached the level of popularity that it has attained. Through all the "Dick" jokes, the impersonations, the legendarily great and the infamously bad episodes, we were rarely at a loss for words. Now that the show has reached its conclusion with episode 100, I wanted to treat our listeners to as detailed a history of the podcast as I can possibly construct.

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/articles/the-chronicles-of-worlds-finest-podcast.php

Interesting article. I never knew you both had concerns about the show even into the BB years, cause I thought you would have gotten into the rhythm of the show being a mainstay during the Superman: The Animated Series era.

I know I first found WFP when you reviewed Mask of the Phantasm, and it didn't seem like you had any doubts about how enjoyable the project was then.

Anyway, all in all, a very interesting behind the scenes report on WFP.

I started listening to WFP with the pilot episode on Earth-2.net: The Show, but didn't join the forums until around the Mask of The Phantasm review. Since then, the Earth-2.net forums have become my go to forums and I have met a number of people that I now consider my friends. That and the following probably sound really corny, but WFP's building of a community will be its legacy to me.

Interesting article. I never knew you both had concerns about the show even into the BB years, cause I thought you would have gotten into the rhythm of the show being a mainstay during the Superman: The Animated Series era.

I know I first found WFP when you reviewed Mask of the Phantasm, and it didn't seem like you had any doubts about how enjoyable the project was then.

Anyway, all in all, a very interesting behind the scenes report on WFP.

What I meant by what you're referring to is merely that we couldn't believe we'd come so far and really kept up high quality podcasting even through the, shall I say, less popular DCAU shows. Not that we thought we would end the show or anything. Sorry if that's what I inferred.