Bill & Ted's 3

Keanu Reeves Reveals New Details About 'Bill And Ted 3'

Bodacious: Keanu Reeves is sharing new details about a third installment of Bill and Ted.

"I believe the writers are six weeks away from a draft," he told MTV News Monday, adding with a laugh, "No pressure, guys!"

Reeves, who was vague when asked about the project last year, said he now knows “a little bit" about the plot. "But I don't know — the fellas went off and cooked it up. I don't know what happened when they put the elements together."

The first Bill and Ted flick hit screens in 1989 and centered on two teen slackers who travel through time in a phone booth to ace their high school history project. It was followed in 1991 by a sequel, Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey.

Reeves says the third installment’s story arc might fit into the overall franchise. "When we last got together, part of it was that Bill and Ted were supposed to have written the song that saved the world, and it hasn't happened," he said. "So they've now become kind of possessed by trying to do that. Then there's an element of time and they have to go back."

Last year, Reeves’ costar in the movies, Alex Winter, confirmed another movie was in the works. “We kicked around the idea over the years and had always thought if we could make something that was kind of genuine in spirit as the originals and without falling prey to kind of retro cynicism or something that was unnecessary, it would be worth doing," he told the Associated Press. "Now that the cat's out of the bag, and the truth is that, yeah, we have finally hit upon an idea that we think is pretty great."

Added Winters, "We don't want to make a cynical 'here's Bill and Ted -- you guys are our kids, now YOU guys go be Bill and Ted and the franchise can live for another 25 years! It's not that. It's a straight up, what's the funniest and most surprising take on where Bill and Ted would be right now if we stopped back in on them?"

Source

Reeves says the third installment’s story arc might fit into the overall franchise. "When we last got together, part of it was that Bill and Ted were supposed to have written the song that saved the world, and it hasn't happened," he said. "So they've now become kind of possessed by trying to do that. Then there's an element of time and they have to go back."

Did that happen? They played the song at the end of the battle of the bands and 'saved to world' to an 80s montage, right?

I'm not sure why, but the appeal of an aging set of metalheads with wives and kids is interesting enough for me. Let alone the time travle thing. PLus, Winter has proven himself an interesting filmmaker and K'Nu can make fun of himself a lot.

I'm in.