Episode 01

RSS

In their first proper episode, the Heroes dive into the Buffyverse with the series' first four episodes: "Welcome to the Hellmouth," "The Harvest," "Witch," and "Teacher's Pet." Are the lack and inconsistency of certain effects issues of not really having a budget, or of censorship from the network? Just exactly how bitchin' are Giles and Willow? How many times did Cordelia almost die in these episodes, and why would it have been a good thing if she had? And who will we be seeing again from these early episodes? Tune in to find out! [ 1:34:35 || 45.8 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/bigdamnheroes/episodes/bigdamnheroes_001.mp3

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The RSS feed has been submitted to iTunes, but, as always, give it a few days to properly appear. In the meantime, here's the RSS feed for direct linking:

http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/bigdamnheroes/rss.xml

Congrats on the new show, guys!

Honestly, James, even if you're not big on Whedon, give Firefly a shot. It's a great, great show.

Also: You can already disregard our Gmail address. You can send your bit to BigDamnHeroes@earth-2.net. We'll still check the Gmail address for a few episodes, but, yeah you know.

Honestly, James, even if you're not big on Whedon, give Firefly a shot. It's a great, great show.

Agreed.

I did, and ended up foaming at the mouth in anger at its 8 year old cancellation!

I'll listen once it's up on iTunes - I've not quite got my head around RSS feed pages yet.

Guest TFG1Mike

One question for future episodes will you guys be putting in like 1-2min audio clips from the episodes? like what WFP did. I think that'd be pretty neat, and a way to break up each episode.

One question for future episodes will you guys be putting in like 1-2min audio clips from the episodes? like what WFP did. I think that'd be pretty neat, and a way to break up each episode.

That's the one thing I was wondering also when I was listening. If you can say one thing about WHedon, it's his gift for dialogue and even f it's just a quick exchange from the episode, it does help to break it up and transition.

I'm not really a big Joss Whedon fan either, but this is an Earth-2.net podcast so I'm still gonna give it a listen. And who knows, maybe the podcast will make me want to check out some of his shows again. I've also mentioned the podcast to a couple friends of mine who are Whedon fans.

Guest TFG1Mike

see there ya go :D

can't wait for more. I agree and disagree with the opinions on Cordelia. In Buffy she's a bitch, but she does get tons of character development in Angel. I think Angel is my #1 favorite Whedon series. I remember seeing Firefly but it has been so long.

Guest TFG1Mike

I'm a bigger Angel fan than a Buffy fan, which I can readily admit. That said, Angel is basically "Batman in L.A., fighting Vampires", where Firefly is "Han Solo: The Series," so my bias may be a bit unfounded.

It AMAZED me how much Boreanaz aged during Angel. However seeing him on Bones now he doesn't look like he aged badly at all.

Can we have a BDH Random Thoughts thread so the stuff can be discussed lol that way it doesn't take away from the episode specific threads.