Episode 01

RSS

I listened to the episode last night at work and enjoyed it. Still not sure I'm going to go back and give the show another try, but I like the podcast. I also agree with the others that if possible it would be nice to have clips between the episodes. But if it's not feasible that's fine too.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, James, even if you're not big on Whedon, give Firefly a shot. It's a great, great show.

Also: You can already disregard our Gmail address. You can send your bit to BigDamnHeroes@earth-2.net. We'll still check the Gmail address for a few episodes, but, yeah you know.

Oh sure, NOW I find out after shooting the gmail addy a message this morning! =;)

I'm sending it over to the Earth-2 address just to get it into my gmail's system.

I'm a bigger Angel fan than a Buffy fan, which I can readily admit. That said, Angel is basically "Batman in L.A., fighting Vampires", where Firefly is "Han Solo: The Series," so my bias may be a bit unfounded.

It AMAZED me how much Boreanaz aged during Angel. However seeing him on Bones now he doesn't look like he aged badly at all.

Can we have a BDH Random Thoughts thread so the stuff can be discussed lol that way it doesn't take away from the episode specific threads.

I always think that Boreanaz aged right through to Angel series one and then just stopped. He looks really really young at this point.

Bloody good stuff guys, thoroughly enjoyed this. Definitely one I'm going to be listening too as soon as it comes out. You actually make me want to watch along with you (probably knock these first four out of the park tonight and get some feedback down).

Buffy's boyfriends might give her coats, but I don't think she ever got the best one- Spike's.

Interesting question about the whole "Jesse in the credits sequence" thing that Joss wanted.

Is there some sort of SAG thing about leaving actors in credits or something, even if the character is no longer on the show? In other words Jesse would have ended up still being used in the credits until the end of the season, despite never being referred to again?

Case in point, John Schneider left Smallville in mid-season, and came back for IIRC a couple of episodes, but remained in the opening credits for the rest of the season, including the "as Jonathan Kent" tag on his credit.

Of course this current season Allison Mack signed on for a handfull of shows, and she is in the opening credits instead of "Guest Starring" or whatever on the title cards after the opening credit sequence. So who knows.

Interesting question about the whole "Jesse in the credits sequence" thing that Joss wanted.

Is there some sort of SAG thing about leaving actors in credits or something, even if the character is no longer on the show? In other words Jesse would have ended up still being used in the credits until the end of the season, despite never being referred to again?

Case in point, John Schneider left Smallville in mid-season, and came back for IIRC a couple of episodes, but remained in the opening credits for the rest of the season, including the "as Jonathan Kent" tag on his credit.

Of course this current season Allison Mack signed on for a handfull of shows, and she is in the opening credits instead of "Guest Starring" or whatever on the title cards after the opening credit sequence. So who knows.

I wouldn't say so.

Amber Benson is in the opening credits just for her last episode. Glenn Quinn is out of the credits after he leaves.

Personally, I think it's because the people on Smallville might just be lazy with editing the credit sequence. It actually takes a fair bit of work since you have to take the time to edit their clips out and then find clips to fill the timing.

Harmony and Lorne get into the opening credits quite late in their respective runs too, they just got added when Joss wanted them in, usually this means when it's practical. With Cordy gone there was enough space. They mentioned with Mercedes McNab they just wanted to do something nice for her.

Personally, I think it's because the people on Smallville might just be lazy with editing the credit sequence.

Actually, if I remember correctly, that was in order to "honor" the cast members even after they left. The Smallville crew has this bizarre thing where they practically worship their cast, often completely altering storylines just to give certain actors special scenes.

Season 4 of House had the original cast exactly as it was even though Foreman, Cameron & Chase weren't as principal as they were in the first three seasons. I understand not leaping to credit the winning actors of House's contest during that season, but the titles really should have changed at the start of Season 5.

On topic, very enjoyable first episode, Wisconsinites!! As I told Hannah on chat last night, I too support audio buffers between episodes. Otherwise, as first episodes for podcasts go? Probably the best podcast debut on this site to date.

Finished it last night. One thing I would suggest is if you are going to add clips, don't split the show in to recap and then discussion, just discuss it as your recapping and insert clips as needed.

I'm 50/50 on the talking about future things, on one hand I like trying to make it all seem like a neat little package, on another, it takes away from the emotional journey a little bit.

Will definitely have this on my regular play list, well done!