Favorite/Best: Doctor Who Series 4

Koete

Favorite/Best: Doctor Who Series 4   

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My favorite is "Midnight." Yes there's an alien / monster, but the real monsters are the humans. And that makes it so much more frightening. The acting is wonderful, and the confined space really puts everyone (even the viewer) on edge.

The best, though, is "Silence in the Library" / "Forest of the Dead." It's so emotional and deep, creepy yet touching, and the last 10 minutes go from heartbreaking to heartwarming in a natural way. Frankly, this is how Doctor Who should always be: magical and scary, yet with a human soul.

My favorite is "Midnight." Yes there's an alien / monster, but the real monsters are the humans. And that makes it so much more frightening. The acting is wonderful, and the confined space really puts everyone (even the viewer) on edge.

The best, though, is "Silence in the Library" / "Forest of the Dead." It's so emotional and deep, creepy yet touching, and the last 10 minutes go from heartbreaking to heartwarming in a natural way. Frankly, this is how Doctor Who should always be: magical and scary, yet with a human soul.

This.

Ultimately, as brilliant as I think Moffat's two-parter is, I think Turn Left does so much overall to encapsulate the Doctor's worth to defending the Earth whilst interweaving with the past seasons that it has to get my vote. How Donna, Sylvia & Wilf struggle to cope is another level to what most every other episode can offer.

Planet of the Ood remains my favourite though. It has the Ood and it has Lord Percy Percy from Blackadder!

Partners in crime is so much fun. The scene with the Doctor and Donna catching up was just so funny. Tate is also the best sidekick in the show, and that one scene shows why she's better than Martha and Rose.

Ultimately, as brilliant as I think Moffat's two-parter is, I think Turn Left does so much overall to encapsulate the Doctor's worth to defending the Earth whilst interweaving with the past seasons that it has to get my vote. How Donna, Sylvia & Wilf struggle to cope is another level to what most every other episode can offer.

What Ian said about Turn Left. Though Silence in the Library is a very close second. And when the story behind River Song is finally revealed, maybe I'll switch my vote from Turn Left to the two parter.