An open letter to everyone

Missy

From the mainpage:

As I'm sure many of you have noticed, the steady stream of reviews has sort of tapered off.  Quite simply, there are three reasons for this.

First: I find the idea of waking up every morning to write very daunting.  And when I'm intimidated by something, I have an anxiety attack and shutdown.  Now, that doesn't mean I can't write during/after an attack.  It just means that it's much harder and takes considerable effort.  That's why I have produced more wallpapers than reviews as of late.  Something about creating those sets my mind at ease and helps me through the rough times.

Second: I finished The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap while on vacation (expect a review very soon), and I'm currently playing through Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced and Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls.  (Little did I realize what timesucks they'd become!)  And I'd rather review a game after I've completed it (even if it takes 50+ hours, as it looks like Tactics will) rather than provide you with a review based off only several hours of play.

Third: I only go to the comic shop about once every two months now, so it takes me a little while to read through the stacks that are piling up around my house.  As it is with the games, I'd rather give you a complete review only after I've had time to thoroughly read through it.

Now, what I've just said is not meant to take anything away from the efforts of those who contribute to the site.  I don't pretend to be the only person adding content.  However, those same people have their own sites to run and real lives to contend with, so I don't expect them to be able to provide Earth-2 with daily reviews and columns.  So when they are able to contribute, I truly appreciate it.  (I want this to be known.)

So, again, the blame for the lack of consistent updates falls on me.  Which, as publisher of the site, I'm more than willing to accept.  But I need two things from all of you.

01. Trust that Earth-2 will be updated as often as possible.  I aim for everyday, but sometimes it's just not possible.  So please forgive me those days when updates are lacking.

02. If you want to write for Earth-2, simply let me know.  Or, if you know of someone who might be interested in writing for the site, tell them about it and then put them in touch with me.

With the plethora of great games that hit store shelves this holiday season, as well as the release of Batman: The Animated Series, Volume Two and Superman: The Animated Series, Volume One on DVD, you can expect many reviews to come.  (And a column, as I'm starting to think STAS is better than BTAS.)  It might take a little time, but I simply ask for your patience.

Much thanks,

Michael David Sims

February 09, 2005

Thoughts...?

By no means am I asking anyone to commit to a regular schedule. It's just that several people have expressed interest in writing for the site in the past, but never sent anything in. So I was basically letting them (and anyone else) know that the door is always open for reviews and columns.

I think I have 3-4 more reviews for you on top of the 4-5 you should be sitting on already.

Five? I'm only sitting on two (Smallville Seasons Two and Three). What else have you sent that I've neglected to post?

(Oh, and the reason I've yet to post the reviews of Smallville Seasons Two and Three is, well, because I haven't seen them and don't want to be spoiled. :ph34r: )

I think I have 3-4 more reviews for you on top of the 4-5 you should be sitting on already.

Five? I'm only sitting on two (Smallville Seasons Two and Three). What else have you sent that I've neglected to post?

(Oh, and the reason I've yet to post the reviews of Smallville Seasons Two and Three is, well, because I haven't seen them and don't want to be spoiled. :ph34r: )

...you're absolutely right. Shit, I thought I had sent you more than that. Either way, I have 3-4 more I can ship your way soon. Probably tonight.

Yoda, you have my IM details, do what Mike at 7th Level does. IM me when you need something up soon and I'll convert one of my reviews to HTML and hand it over.

Admittedly, Earth-2 is last on my list of priorities, and that's not a slight against Earth-2, I like the site, it's just I have a lot of stuff that takes precedence. I won't break it down, but there's a lot of contributions to a lot of sites going down and I overlook this one in the proccess.

So, to stop that happening, give me a buzz and just go "Hey man, I need a review, GIVE ME!" and I'll be more than happy to throw one your way. It takes me no effort at all, I just need to be reminded to do it. I have a ton of reviews in my archives that I can throw up anytime. I do the same with 7th Level and it takes a lot more work for him, due to his set coding rules.

So yeah, feel free to IM me anytime you want something. I asked to write here, and write here I shall. You just gotta remind me :)