30 day comic challenge

Stavros

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 7 - A Comic That Reminds You of Your Past

Zero_Hour_1.jpg

I remember when I was a kid into comics, I used to go and pick them up from a small book shop, where they would put the comics in a big blue box, and you would look around to see what ones you wanted, and they were 50p each, or three for £1.

The place has been shut down and restarted several times, and it's been over twelve years since they sold any comics. But whenever I see this cover, I think of the first place I ever bought comics from.

Day 7:

This took some fucking legwork to figure out what it was. All I recalled was Ka-Zar and Dr. Strange and most of the heroes being dead, thanks to Onslaught. I present to you the first comic a nine year old Preston ever bought:

584448.jpg

I'm hunting this fucker down on eBay now.

Preston, that's kinda adorkable.

Day 8 - A Comic You Can Quote Best

Nextwave%2011.jpg

"It had been a long, strange night for the Nextwave Squad. One of them finally had his turn at winning. One even approached a Character Moment. You can be damn sure we won't let ☠☠☠☠ like that happen again."

I seem to have missed a day, so I'll do two-

TRANSFORMERS%20GN%20TARGET%202006.jpg

My original comics habit was Transformers UK, this being one of the most significant storylines. It lead to all sorts of cool stuff, like Megatron fighting Galvatron.

Day 8 - A Comic You Can Quote Best

next_wave_no_2.jpg

Just because I like calling people fleshies.

Day 8: The Comic You Can Quote Best

I'm trying not to double-dip, but this has to be the one

Rorschach.png

"Rorschach's Journal: October 13th, 1985, 8:30 PM...Veidt is a typical liberal. He is decadent and pampered, betraying even his own shallow, liberal affectations. Possibly homosexual? Must remember to investigate further."

Day 8: The Comic You Can Quote Best

9175_400x600.jpg

I love bad movies. I can quote the hell out of Troll 2, Manos: The Hands of Fate, and Showgirls. Hence, something like All-Star Batman & Robin is filled with things that are just so MST-worthy. Batman Odyssey would be here if it had been out longer.

Day 6 - A Comic That Reminds You of Somewhere

3489-1.jpg

College. I discovered Barry Ween at the AWESOME comic shop just off campus at Penn State.

8608381_1.jpg

My childhood was just smothered in G.I. Joe and I got the comics as often as possible. For some reason, this one always stood out to me, to the point where I remembered the issue number all these years later.

Day 8 - Comic That You Can Quote the Best

DC+The+Dark+Knight+Returns.PNG

It's a tough one between this and "Watchmen." In the end, I picked this because I thought Watchmen would be a real common pick.