30 day comic challenge

Stavros

Man of Steel and All Star Superman are both fucking awesome.

You are not a sufficiently unstoppable force to make this immovable object even consider surrendering.

I'm just giving my opinion. You're welcome to disagree. You're wrong, but it's America.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 4- Least Favorite Limited Series

bats_cowl.jpg

It had so much promise. Tony Daniel was asked to write a simple story about getting Dick Grayson into the cowl as Batman, and what he turns in is a crappy mess in terms of writing. He introduces a new Black Mask, who it takes a year to reveal, and then at the end, he ends the book with. Oh, and Dick Grayson becomes Batman! Ta-Da!

The art was great as usual, but the story just leaves a horrible after taste and ruins anything that would make me care about reading BFTC ever again.

Runner up, and it was a close second:

bmrbw_cv3_var-copy.jpg

The series started out strong with the first issue. Then it just overly complicated, and by the ending, I didn't know what the fuck was going on. And didn't really feel like I should care. The book made me wonder if I really wanted to keep Morrison's Batman run. It nearly soured me on Morrison's entire Batman run.

Man of Steel and All Star Superman are both fucking awesome.

You are not a sufficiently unstoppable force to make this immovable object even consider surrendering.

I'm just giving my opinion. You're welcome to disagree. You're wrong, but it's America.

Actually it's the internet, but your point is valid.

BEFORE any of you jump down my throats about my choice, bear in mind that 1) this is my least favorite limited series, not what I consider the worst of all time and 2) I'm counting only books which I've actually read in this thread. I know for a fact Ultimates 3, Countdown, Cry for Justice, All-Star Batman and Robin, and Onslaught Reborn are worse comics, based upon detailed reviews of them, but I'm not counting them. Therefore, my least favorite limited series is...

All_Star_Superman_Cover.jpg

Dishonorable Mention:

LL_MOS_1.jpg

You're fired. On both counts.

All-Time:

Countdown01.jpg

I read every issue of this thing. Just... ugh. It's a testament to how much I loved Final Crisis that I don't hate it because of it's unfortunate association with Countdown.

bats_cowl.jpg

It had so much promise. Tony Daniel was asked to write a simple story about getting Dick Grayson into the cowl as Batman, and what he turns in is a crappy mess in terms of writing. He introduces a new Black Mask, who it takes a year to reveal, and then at the end, he ends the book with. Oh, and Dick Grayson becomes Batman! Ta-Da!

The art was great as usual, but the story just leaves a horrible after taste and ruins anything that would make me care about reading BFTC ever again.

Runner up, and it was a close second:

bmrbw_cv3_var-copy.jpg

The series started out strong with the first issue. Then it just overly complicated, and by the ending, I didn't know what the fuck was going on. And didn't really feel like I should care. The book made me wonder if I really wanted to keep Morrison's Batman run. It nearly soured me on Morrison's entire Batman run.

Oooo, forgot about Battle for the Cowl. Scratch "Lex Luthor: Man of Steel". This is now my "Dishonorable Mention".

Day 5: Comic that reminds you of something

This was a really tough one, but I ultimately have to go with this:

Dark_knight_returns.jpg

Reminds me of my good friend and collaborator Chris Samson, who not only is a huge Bat-fan but is in the camp that believes that Batman can beat up Superman on a regular basis. Can't say I agree, despite preferring Batman to Superman.

Day 5 - A Comic That Reminds You of Someone

300px-Batman421.jpg

This issue, and the two after it, make me think of my parents, because they bought me this 3-pack of Batman comics and I remember reading them and thinking "There is NO WAY they'd let me read this if they knew what it was about."