30 day comic challenge

Stavros

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 18 - Your Favourite Non-Superhero Comic

walking-dead-horde.jpg

Same as Stavros. I don't read much non superhero comics, and those I have Unwritten/Fables/Chew I've only finished the first volume of with no real plans to go back and read more.

WD is different in that after reading the first volume, I said "I have to read more" and quickly picked up volumes 2-4 and have currently read up to volume 8.

Like I said, I prefer superhero comics, but this is the best non superhero comic going, in my opinion.

Day 17 - Your Favorite Superhero Comic

Though I love Invincible, I gotta go with Venneh here.

power-girl-23.jpg

Day 18 - Your Favourite Non-Superhero Comic

I just don't really read non-superhero stuff right now, so I gotta go All-Time here:

GI-Joe-155.jpg

I picked this because G.I. Joe comics WERE my childhood. And I picked this issue because I'm in constant heartache that I lost it when I got married and moved and it was AMAZING. The price has sky-rocketed since then, so I can't even afford to buy a new copy. (Le sigh)

Day 19 - A Comic That Makes You Feel Down

Ghost-World-Cover-282x450.jpg

I first read Ghost World shortly before graduating from High School and didn't quite understand the pathos of it. Now, as a near graduate from college who's kinda lost I get it and it makes me sad.

Also, if you have not seen the film adaptation, why haven't you? It has early Scarlet Johansson and Steve Buscemi in it and it's just a phenomenal film.

Why does that make you feel down? Does it have a cathartic conclusion or is it because of the wasted talent of Paul Dini among others in that series?

Ah, no this isn't Countdown to Final Crisis, the year long series/toilet paper substitute. Countdown to Infinite Crisis was a one-shot from several years earlier centring on Blue Beetle that was written by Geoff Johns, Greg Rucka and Judd Winick. It a really good issue that both builds Ted Kord up and simultaneously murders him at the end. It's one of the best and most upsetting things DC's made in their recent history, definitely the best thing they've done I wish they could take back.

Day 20 - A Comic That Makes You Feel Good- Mini Marvels

012-%252520French%252520Bread.jpg

19: A Comic That Makes You Feel Down:

35-1.jpg

The death of Vic Sage becomes real in this issue.

20: A Comic That Makes You Happy

destroyer-2-review.jpg

It's funny that a book that is over the top violence and insanity is so life affirming, but it is.

21: The Comic That Depicts Your Life

Cowboy-Ninja-Viking-51.JPG