Episode 02

RSS

In their second episode, the Heroes may already be quitting the show. And with episodes like "Never Kill a Boy on the First Date," "The Pack," "Angel," and "I Robot, You Jane," who can blame them? Why do Preston and Hannah keep talking about comics? Why does Xander rival Cordy for the Heroes' hatred? And just why, God, why? Listen and find out if they make it to another episode. [ 1:57:05 || 53.9 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/bigdamnheroes/episodes/bigdamnheroes_002.mp3

The Angel doesn't talk bit is used quite often in the series. Not until he gets his own series I think he is finally allowed to open up and tell people what's what, instead of being all "Fuck off, I'm supposed to be the GOD DAMNED BATMAN! Even though Frank Miller isn't going to write that for another 5 years or so!"

I forget what episode it is down the road, in a later season, Buffy is talking to Angel in the crypt, and she literally has a freaking 10 minute monologue, including questions, and all Angel does is look at her in a mopey, brooding look. I guess having a soul when you are a vampire means you lose all concepts of conversational skills!

Don't have any actual comments on the actual episode reviews but in terms of the podcast...

I enjoyed the Waiting for Godot and the WFP references. I loved the Mordor/morgue door joke. And huzzah for the use of defenestrate! More people need to learn that word so it can be used more often.

Keep up the great work.

Season 3? There's nothing in season 3 this bad.

I meant in Season 4. Where The Wild Things Are to be exact. In my opinion, the worse episode of anything Whedon has done.

Ok that one does kind of suck. Overall though I like season 4 a lot, it gets a bad rap but it's got a lot of great stuff.

• 2 weeks later...