Episode 64

RSS

Beginning the three-part E-Space trilogy is "Full Circle," in which a group of humanoids are on the run from Marshmen, but little does anyone know the true secret of the aquatic aliens. Then The Doctor and Romana put an end to the Time Lord / Vampire war in "State of Decay." At the top of the show, however, Dan discusses his issues with "Day of the Moon," and Mike his problems with "The Curse of the Black Spot." And throughout the show, the duo eviscerate The Doctor's newest companion: Adric. [ 1:26:51 || 41.8 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/biggerontheinside/episodes/bigger_064.mp3

When you guys said that, and even now typing about it, I grinned a total fanboy grin. It's awesome.

To quickly speak to one of your concerns about the new Who, if you were to hypothetically watch the second part in VLC player or another player that can slow it down, the green energy becomes what looks like a sound note and when it hits a member of the Silence, it doesn't really do anything and then River makes the comment. Hypothetically watch it at .50 speed or less.

The other point about an alleged genocide needs its own thread. I will simply point out that the Silence are on multiple planets and would not negotiate when it came to Earth or where the fish people in the vampire episode came from, or any of the sort. I do not recall a scene where the Doctor goes to the home world of the Silence to finish them off, unless it was implied somewhere Earth was their home world and I missed it.

The other point about an alleged genocide needs its own thread. I will simply point out that the Silence are on multiple planets and would not negotiate when it came to Earth or where the fish people in the vampire episode came from, or any of the sort. I do not recall a scene where the Doctor goes to the home world of the Silence to finish them off, unless it was implied somewhere Earth was their home world and I missed it.

We actually don't have confirmation if the Silence are on other planets. The fact that the Fish people remembered it would display that they're not talking about quite the same thing. As for the genocide discussion, we were discussing it over in the Doctor Who thread. Just head over there, post your thoughts, and it'll be fun.

About Matthew Waterhouse and Adric. There is a story I have heard and read many times about how he got the job as Adric. Apparently he was hired - and kept his job - because he was sleeping with one of the senior people on Who; I can't really remember who.

Also everyone hated him because he thought it was funny to provoke people; there are a couple of stories that guest stars refused to share dressing rooms with him because of it.

I don't know how accurate all these tales are. Make of it what you will.

Oddly, I was going to make the "Who was he sleeping with?" joke during the recording, but never got around to it.

yeah, the rumor has long beenthat he was sleeping with JNT. I've heard the rumor many times, but didn't comment on it because it really is only a rumor and it didn't seem appropriate.

I would take anything said by Ian Levine with an entire block of salt. He is an arrogant self promoter who wants people to believe that he made a major contribution to the series and if I remember correctly even credits himself with the casting of Colin Baker. The man is an absolute jerk off.

I would take anything said by Ian Levine with an entire block of salt. He is an arrogant self promoter who wants people to believe that he made a major contribution to the series and if I remember correctly even credits himself with the casting of Colin Baker. The man is an absolute jerk off.

Which is a big part of the reason I didn't say anything in the episode. He is controversial, to say the least, and I really don't have a lot of use for the man.

Arg! Everytime I decide to skip an episode and let you guys recap it for me instead it turns out to be an amazingly awesome episode!!! I thought we were in the middle of a drought and it would be OK to skip just one story! Well, guess I'll be watching State of Decay after all.

Also, go ahead and add that third cohost to the show. Mike's cat would be an awesome addition!

i don't feel the anger you feel Dan about the end of Day of the Moon

i thought it was kind of funny that the doctor was pointing his screwdriver at the silents; i didn't think he actually killed any of them

but Mike i agree about Curse of the Black Pearl... i mean spot :bowdown:

that special effect was crap

I am a new listener of Bigger on the Inside. I watched the first few episode of the 2005 Doctor Who series. I went in knowing that it would be starting with the original episodes and I'm only one episode 4 (I started like yesterday) and I am wondering if you guys are going to be going all the way to the 2005 series? Just wondering because I want to know and can't wait to find out. Oh yeah and the show is great.

I am a new listener of Bigger on the Inside. I watched the first few episode of the 2005 Doctor Who series. I went in knowing that it would be starting with the original episodes and I'm only one episode 4 (I started like yesterday) and I am wondering if you guys are going to be going all the way to the 2005 series? Just wondering because I want to know and can't wait to find out. Oh yeah and the show is great.

They're covering all of Doctor Who up through the present.

Yup. We'll finish the original series around this time next year. The movie will come thereafter. I think we have a classic series retrospective planned after that. Then our coverage of the 2005 series will begin in June-ish.

Since The Doctor has committed genocide before I find it hard to understand the complaint on how he dealt with The Silence.

Because he turned the entire human race into weapons. It's one thing for The Doctor to kill someone (or a race), but for him to turn his favorite species into killing machines -- which won't even remember their actions -- that's not a line The Doctor has ever crossed.

Not only that but killing all the Daleks and Time Lords? 9 was visibly haunted by this and it's implied that it forced him to regenerate in the process. 11? He was making jokes and smiling as he did it. Maybe in his mind he was giving them the ability to defend themselves but it's one thing to defend yourself and it's another to have an uncontrollable impulse to kill something on sight. Like I said, assuming the Silence leave Earth, there are consequences. THe human race, for most of it's existence, is implied to have been guided by the Silence. Now it has nothing. Secondly, if The Silence decides to clean up their act, live on their own secluded planet which, thousands of years later, is found by some human warship and, scanning it, the guy running the guns notices a Silent. He then orbitally bombards the planet into dust. Best case scenario: He just kills the Silence. Worse case: They decided to do the same with an entirely different race and they're driven to extinction as well. Worst Case: Pretty much all sentient races have some of The Silence filtering through them and the Human Race accidentally kills all other life in the universe because the Doctor hardwired them to kill this one race on sight. So yeah, this is something of an extremely short sighted solution that has insanely bad potential consequences.