Sign in to follow this  
The Master

The great online deals thread

And...after all that, shipping to Canada is more than thirty fucking dollars. You lose Shout Factory.

More like Fuck You! Factory, amirite?

So many companies accept that Fedex and UPS prices to Canada are just high and that's all they can do about it. But I buy shit from American retailers online all the time (bigger and smaller than Shout Factory) for a shitload less. I would have expected between 12 and 15.

Des, they just did a fuck of a hike on USPS international services - international priority, for just a small flate-rate box, is now $23.95. Hell, someone I know sent a small first class pacakge to Canada, about 2 oz, and it cost them $15. So, $30 is probably gonna be towards the low end these days. ><

Not sure how far from the border you are but are there any border parcel pickup services you can look into (there's one in Pembina, ND that caters to southern Manitoba)

Through Monday, Fantagraphics is having a 75% off sale on a ton of their books.

I picked up:

Cinema Panopticum by Thomas Ott
Is That All There Is? by Joost Swarte
Mad Night by Richard Sala
Man of Rock: A Biography of Joe Kubert by Bill Schelly
Meanwhile...: A Biography of Milton Caniff by R.C. Harvey
Out of the Shadows (a collection of stories drawn by Golden Age artist Mort Meskin)
Setting the Standard: Comics by Alex Toth, 1952-1954 (collecting all of the stories Alex Toth drew for Standard Comics)
The Arctic Marauder by Jacques Tardi
The Chuckling Whatsit by Richard Sala
The Number 73304-23-4153-6-96-8 by Thomas Ott

Amazon has a lot of their Criterion Blu-rays for 50% off right now, including recent releases. I picked up Black Narcissus, Week-end, Medium Cool, Blow Out, and Repo Man.

The Steam Summer Sale is on! I repeat, the Steam Summer Sale is on! Notable deals today are:

Bioshock Infinite: 29.99

Scribblenauts Unlimited: 4.99

Definace: 13.59

Left 4 Dead 2: 4.99

Skyrim Legendary Edition: 35.99 (Note this is only for the next 7 Hours)

Also, because it's October, Scream Factory (the horror arm of the great Shout Factory) are doing a daily sale with free ground shipping in the US. They have AMAZING product and I would definitely be into it if the shipping to Canada wasn't a kick in the balls. Oh well, you yanks can enjoy their stuff anyway:

http://www.shoutfactory.com/ThePriceIsFrightSale