DC reboot

dc20willsave

On Wednesday, August 31st, DC Comics will make publishing history again with their first-ever comic book combo pack. Each issue of JUSTICE LEAGUE, by New York Times bestselling writer and DC Entertainment Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns and bestselling artist and DC Comics Co-Publisher Jim Lee, will be available in a convenient combo pack including a print edition and digital version of the comic book.

Those who want a physical copy of JUSTICE LEAGUE to read and collect, as well as the ability to download it onto their favorite device for easy transport, get ready. Each print edition of the comic book and an individual code for digital download will be wrapped in a poly bag and available for $4.99. Separately, the standard version will retail for $3.99 and the digital version will retail for $3.99.

“As we continue to expand our readership and make our titles more accessible to readers everywhere, we’re excited to provide our comic shop retail partners and their consumers with multiple formats of JUSTICE LEAGUE in one convenient place,” said John Rood, EVP Sales, Marketing and Business Development.

Not only will Johns and Lee be collaborating for the first time, but their contemporary take on the origin of the comic book industry’s premier superhero team will be available in DC Comics’ historic first comic book combo pack.

Both digital and print editions of DC’s comics will have parity pricing for the first four weeks of release; thereafter, the digital titles drop in price down to our standard 1.99 digital price point. Oversized issues, including JUSTICE LEAGUE #1, will start at $3.99 and drop to $2.99 after four weeks.

Source

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Three things- Is that Dick Grayson rather than Bruce? That looks more like a future Kon-el than Superman. The silver design of the outfit makes me think Donna Troy rather than Diana. Throw Cyborg in and honestly I feel like we're looking at a version Geoff John's Future Justice League made up of old Titans for the most part. I mean, is that Wally or Barry? The only ones there who are definitely an original leaguers for my money are Aquaman and Hal Jordan. Wish they'd thrown Kyle in to further my theory.

They're starting all over with the most well known people in their most well known characters and starting at #1 because they are moving everything to digital. They want new people to be able to easily jump in just by knowing basic things from movies and cartoons.

Well that and they are losing the rights to the original incarnation of Superman soon.

Why is Ethan Van Sciver considered a top talent? This is terrible!

firestorm_cv1.jpg

We have our first announced relaunch titles:

Fury of Firestorm #1 with Ethan Van Sciver and Gail Simone writing, Yildiray Cinar on art

As I understand, EVS is going to be writing here, not on art duties.

Francis Manapul, the current artist on The Flash, will be writing and drawing the book. The other name that's listed, Brian Buccellato, is the colorist.

To better answer your question, Manapul's recent work includes Adventure Comics, Superboy, and Legion of Super-Heroes.

gl_cv1_teaser-682x1024.jpg

GREEN LANTERN #1

Geoff Johns has been charting the adventures of Hal Jordan and the GREEN LANTERN Corps since GREEN LANTERN: Rebirth, collaborating with such major artists as Ethan Van Sciver, Darwyn Cooke, Prentis Rollins, Marlo Alquiza and Mick Gray.

This fall, Johns reunites with artists Doug Mahnke and Christian Alamy, as the series begins anew with GREEN LANTERN #1 with cover by Ivan Reis and Joe Prado. Together they will continue to thrill readers and expand the Green Lantern mythos.

Change is coming. But set aside your fear. It’ll be worth the wait.

Additional titles include:

GREEN LANTERN CORPS #1

When deadly conflicts emerge across the universe, it’s up to Guy Gardner, John Stewart and an elite Green Lantern strike force to keep the peace.

GREEN LANTERN CORPS #1 will be written by Peter J. Tomasi with art by Fernando Pasarin and Scott Hanna. The cover to #1 is by Doug Mahnke and Christian Alamy.

GREEN LANTERN: THE NEW GUARDIANS #1

Who are The New Guardians?

The power of Rage, Avarice, Fear, Will, Hope, Compassion and Love combine to be the most powerful (and colorful) team in the corps under the leadership of Kyle Rayner. Beware their power . . . and their volatility!

GREEN LANTERN: THE NEW GUARDIANS #1 will be written by Tony Bedard and illustrated with cover by Tyler Kirkham and Batt.

RED LANTERNS #1

Going solo. Atrocitus and his Red Lantern Corps return in their own series, battling against injustice in the most bloody ways imaginable. This Lantern Corps takes no prisoners, they are judge, jury and executioners!

RED LANTERNS #1 will be written by Peter Milligan with art and cover by Ed Benes and Rob Hunter.

Source.

Huh. So it looks like Emerald Knights is going away, being replaced by New Guardians and Red Lanterns.

It's awesome that Kyle is finally getting leadership of a modern GL title, and I like that Hal is finally getting to do something other than just hang around with the rainbow corps.

Well, I'll be...

It's Emerald Warriors, by the way. I hope they don't throw away the arc that Guy is currently going on. Other than that...It looks like I'm not dropping the GL titles. And, even though I'm not the biggest Benes fan, I will certainly check out Red Lanterns.

Nowhere does it say that the main GL title will star Hal. "Set aside your fear" might be more than cool posturing. Is the series following Sinestro? I want it to.

That question's answered! Now on to Batman...

It's Emerald Warriors, by the way.

I thought Knights sounded wrong...

Nowhere does it say that the main GL title will star Hal. "Set aside your fear" might be more than cool posturing. Is the series following Sinestro? I want it to.

I would assume that it's still starring Hal, seeing as how he's the main GL in Justice League and he's got a movie out this year, but if Sinestro's back as a Green Lantern then that'd certainly be cool.

Actually, I think it'd be cool if Sinestro ended up in Green Lantern Corps, that way Guy, John, and the rest of the GLC would have to deal with having him back on Oa.

EDIT:

This seems a lot like what happened with New Teen Titans during the Crisis in 1986. It didn't really change; you could read the entire run and not skip a beat over the pre/post-Crisis break.

More quotes from Johns that don't necessarily say Hal will star in GL:

"It's building off the Green Lantern stories I've done since 'Rebirth,'" he told The Associated Press about the series, which is set to start in September and features art by Doug Mahnke and Christian Alamy. "Taking it in a very new direction that we've never seen in 'Green Lantern' before."

and then:

What role Hal Jordan will play in all of this, Johns won't say, but the longtime Green Lantern of Sector 2814 will be part of the new Justice League series that kicks of the DC-wide relaunch.

and:

Some hints may come in the final issue of the current series, No. 57, which is due out later this month.

"'Green Lantern' 1 picks up a few months later in a very different space than we are now," Johns said. "When you see the cover you'll know exactly what I'm talking about."

If anybody spoils these I will seriously gut them like a fish and bathe in their entrails.

Oops, source.

The book of the black, says that one of the four Earth Green Lanterns will not be a Green Lantern after WOGL wraps, and I'm still saying that will be Kyle.

It seems like everyone is being shuffled, but Bedard, Tomasi and Johns are staying on as writers, and after WOGL, I'm quite happy with that.

Change is coming. But set aside your fear. It’ll be worth the wait.

That does make it sound like the book could be about Sinestro.

Out of interest, do any of these announcements make anyone say "Damn...I wonder how this ties into Flashpoint" or "I can't wait to see what happens in Flashpoint to cause this!!"

Wow...I really sympathize with Hitler.

If only he had a club or group that i could join to show my support.

I hear that the Pope's a member of such a group.

Well that's put me right off. I was interested but I'm not joining any group the Pope is part of.

Francis Manapul, the current artist on The Flash, will be writing and drawing the book. The other name that's listed, Brian Buccellato, is the colorist.

To better answer your question, Manapul's recent work includes Adventure Comics, Superboy, and Legion of Super-Heroes.

Yeah, I am very surprised that Manapul is writing. He's one of my favorite artists. Weird to see the colorist listed up top like that.

Yeah, I am very surprised that Manapul is writing. He's one of my favorite artists. Weird to see the colorist listed up top like that.

Racist :evil: