DC reboot

dc20willsave

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The New 52 branding is finished, but the current continuity and storylines are continuing.

'Zactly, it's like when they took off the branding of Brand New Day for Amazing Spider-Man.

"We Are Robins" has me interested, and a bit perplexed. There are two female Robins on the cover, so I'm curious where that's going. T'was only a matter of time before Damian got his own series.

The New 52 branding is finished, but the current continuity and storylines are continuing.

'Zactly, it's like when they took off the branding of Brand New Day for Amazing Spider-Man.

"We Are Robins" has me interested, and a bit perplexed. There are two female Robins on the cover, so I'm curious where that's going. T'was only a matter of time before Damian got his own series.

I assumed we are robins was going to be a Dick/Tim/Jason/Damian team up book. Was disappointed when I saw the cover.

• 1 month later...

Well, they stopped reading the book, basically.

That's my point. They switch from the greatest comic to something at least indicative of the quality of everything else (ie: shitty) and people yawn and move on. BUT, give her a pair of pants (like they did YEARS ago) and let's all blow a gasket! It's so fucking stupid.

• 2 weeks later...

I can totally understand that.

However, I truly do not understand the mindset that DC and Marvel are under some obligation to cater to the retailers. If the publisher can get a better deal through DCBS or Loot Crate or whatever, then it makes total economic sense for them to do so. No one believed the movie studios owed video rental stores preferential treatment. No one thought book publishers need to step in to keep book stores open. But I've spoken with more than one LCS owner, and many fans, who legitimately believe that comics publishers have a duty to keep their LCS afloat. It's a business. If your business is unprofitable despite all your best efforts, it's going to close, and no outside force is compelled to prevent that from happening.

• 4 weeks later...

Convergence blows

I've only read week one so far, but I have to agree. It's terrible.

I'm listening to an interview with Jeff King the writer of Convergence and it's starting to make sense. It is becoming apparent that this guy doesn't know shit about DC comics. All he's read of them is in preparation of this event. IMagine researching for a writing project and all you read is Multiversity, Superman:Doomed, Final Crisis, COIE and Zero Hour. Yikes.

Also talks explicitly about basically learning how to write a comic while writing Convergence #1. Seriously? I have no real problem (anymore, I've grown) with TV guys coming over and writing comics, but are you going to throw the guy into your big event without testing him? Without a fucking writing sample? Jesus... I can see if it's someone like Tarantino, but this guy's credits include, most notably, Continuum, Stargate SG1 and Due fucking South!