DC reboot

dc20willsave

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wait, between Atom and Firestorm... is that Voodoo? If yes, AWESOME! I like that parts of Wildstorm are getting integrated into the DCnU so yeah, if that's her, I can dig it.The female between Mera is either Black Canary or a very wrapped up Power Girl. The hair screams Power Girl but the costume says Canary.

One last thing: If that's Barry as The Flash, why is he wearing Wally's costume? If they do something crazy with Wally being Flash in Justice League, I might squee.

Huh. Well, drawn like that, I actually like the Superman costume. Wonder Woman's is still bland as hell, but it's not terrible.

Wally was given a different costume in the last year or two; I'm betting they'll just have the "traditional" Flash costume be Barry's (v-shaped lightning belt and all), while Wally either keeps his current outfit or gets something else entirely.

I'm betting they'll just have the "traditional" Flash costume be Barry's (v-shaped lightning belt and all), while Wally either keeps his current outfit or gets something else entirely.

That's the thing, Barry has been wearing his traditional costume, the one where the lighting forms a circular belt shape, even post Final Crisis.

I think the problem with that is that (A) the V-belt is cooler, and (B) that's getting into Silver Age territory, where the only difference between Earth-1 Batman and Earth-2 Batman was that one of them had a yellow circle behind the bat on his chest.

Since they gave Barry the main Flash suit and gave Wally a different one, I think it's cool that Barry is getting the v-belt, just because it really does look that much better. Heck, Barry already has the V-belt in Young Justice.

Chris Haley imagines the redesign meeting:

DC Exec 1: Oh yeah, definitely make sure there’s a lot of extra lines and bullshit going on everyone’s new costumes!

DC Exec 2: Yeah! Gotta make ‘em look all modern!

DC Exec 1: Futuristic, even!

DC Exec 2: Yeah, makes ‘em look way more serious too. Like in a movie! Totally real and functional!

DC Exec 1: What about Wonder Woman?

DC Exec 2: Oh, well, I mean, obviously her titties still gotta be about to pop out.

Depending on the DCBS discounts, I've not ruled out buying all 52 new books. As stated before, I'll be giving certain books a try (list below), but yeah, I might grab all of the first issues. Not as a collector, but as someone who's curious.

First storyline

Action Comics

Batwing

Demon Knights

Grifter

Nightwing

Red Hood and the Outlaws

Resurrection Man

Stormwatch

Swamp Thing

First issue

Justice League

Wonder Woman

Depending on the DCBS discounts, I've not ruled out buying all 52 new books. As stated before, I'll be giving certain books a try (list below), but yeah, I might grab all of the first issues. Not as a collector, but as someone who's curious.

First storyline

Action Comics

Batwing

Demon Knights

Grifter

Nightwing

Red Hood and the Outlaws

Resurrection Man

Stormwatch

Swamp Thing

First issue

Justice League

Wonder Woman

You should add Batman to that list, Scott Snyder is writing the best Batman book out there right now in Detective, and I think he can only bring good stories to the regular Batman title.

Ooo, fun idea.

First storyline

Action Comics

Batgirl

Batman

Justice League

Superman

Teen Titans

Wonder Woman

First issue

Aquaman

Batman & Robin

Blackhawks

Blue Beetle

Catwoman

Flash

Green Arrow

Green Lantern: New Guardians

Justice League Dark

Nightwing

Red Lanterns

Savage Hawkman

Sgt. Rock And The Men Of War

Superboy

Supergirl

And I'm keeping up with Green Lantern and GLC presumably forever.

First storyline

Aquaman

Green Lantern

Justice League International

Batman & Robin

Justice League

Action Comics

Catwoman

First issue

Resurrection Man

Red Lanterns

Green Lantern Corps

Green Lantern: New Guardians

Justice League Dark

Blue Beetle

Teen Titans

I'm grabbing the first issues of:

Batwoman

Batgirl

Swamp Thing

Hawk & Dove

Birds of Prey

Suicide Squad

Stormwatch

Action Comics

I have no idea yet if I'm going to continue to get any of them past the first issue. I collected the entire Hawk & Dove by the Kessel's and Karl Kessel is really just Leifeld-lite. And I'm curious as to how they're getting Oracle out of the wheelchair.

I'm just going to read em and see...