DC reboot

dc20willsave

Issue #2 does way more with his character, though, so if #1 didn't do it for you on character than #2 might.

I thought issue 2 was better, and his mind running as fast as his legs was quite interesting, but the villain, is really forgettable. Some of the pages with the multiple panels looked really good, but I still feel there's very little story in the second issue. So, I have to say this:

The Flash issues #1 and #2 were good, but nothing special.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is it possible to feel like every book is both too full of information and not informative enough? Like, they're giving me all this shitty info that I don't care about and purposely avoiding telling me what I want to know about - the new status quo for the character.

I'm not even sure I can pick a favorite book so far because they've all left me with annoying questions.

And honestly, it's not all bad. The "new" villain in Stormwatch is just a rehash of Warren Ellis's last story on the book. Animal Man and Frankenstein have been fantastic. But, Batman and Superman should be doing first story with characters that mean something. Not Joker and Luthor necessarily, but at least Two-Face and Parasite or something.

That's a good point. Why would anyone pick up a copy of Savage Hawkman #2 with a villain like this on the cover?

The-Savage-Hawkman_Full_2-200x303.jpg

You're not a fan of blob/ooze themed villains? I love those guys! Granted this book is way too quick when it comes to its internal plot development, but I am fond of the art in in.

The art in that book is decent. The villain - a vague creature that looks like a Batman/Man-Bat lovechild - is definitely not.

The layout of said art (this a newbie speaking here) is a bit of mess. There is no flow, at least for my eyes, to follow. And why wouldn't you like to see a Man-Bat/Batman lovechild? :fez:

Okay, after reading said issue of The Savage Hawkman (# 2), it is just kind of a mess. I don't really enjoy the layout of the art. The art is really interesting to look at. But a this layout makes everything confusing and hard to understand. Also the characters are kind of lame. I'm giving it until the 4th issue. If it doesn't improve by then, I'm dropping it.

I generally avoid getting hardcovers unless they've got 8 issues or more. $25 for 5 issues is just insane. At the very least, they'd better have a frakton of bonus material or a digital copy code in there. So I'm totally down for getting that 8-issue Action Comics HC, but most of the rest I'm unsure about.

Weird thing, though: Wonder Woman is the only book absent from that list.

Okay what the fuck is suicide squad doing to Harely? Now she's a fucking slut who will jump anyone's bone's who crosses her path? What happened to her devotion to The Joker? This book is one of my favorite's of the fifty two, but what they're doing with Harely is seriously pissing me off.

Also isn't Deadshot supose to be Mexican or Spanish?

And yes this was my own personal rant, except the Deadshot thing that i actually want to know.

I generally avoid getting hardcovers unless they've got 8 issues or more. $25 for 5 issues is just insane. At the very least, they'd better have a fraction of bonus material or a digital copy code in there. So I'm totally down for getting that 8-issue Action Comics HC, but most of the rest I'm unsure about.

Weird thing, though: Wonder Woman is the only book absent from that list.

The trades look decent. Not too crazy about the price points. I am not sure if there is a difference between the hard cover version vs. the trades. I know a lot of books tend to put the "Super Deluxe Special Edition" label on their HCs. Which (with my experience) means just a dust jacket. And not much else. We've got both the HC version and trade edition at my library of "Whatever Happened To The Caped Crusader" by Neil Gaiman, and I don't think there is a difference between the two.

Does anyone know if there are differences between these two formats? Or is like Double-Dipping with DVDs?