DC reboot

dc20willsave

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Making Wally gay would be a totally dickless move. "Here's a character that we were ignoring before the reboot, now, somehow his great Aunt (by marriage) dying (or not dying, I don't know or frankly care) has turned him from a happy family man with two children, who never once showed an ounce of homosexual inclination (even when around an acrobat in green panties) into a full fledged gay man. Now we can go back to ignoring him for Barry."

Not only is it dumb, it's actually insulting to actual homosexuals, implying that if their lives had been just a little different, they could be "normal." You want a gay superhero? Give a GL ring to a gay guy. Make a new, gay character. Switching a previously straight chatacter to gay, just because world changed is stupid, at best, insulting at worst.

What I fail to see is how Barry's mom dying makes anyone gay. Or honestly, how it changed the world's so much. Yeah, I get "Butterfly effect" and all that, but Barry's mom made Darksied invade Earth years earlier? Really?

Have we seen both Atoms yet? Could it be one of them?

Also, since we're not sure which stories from before are canon - because DC fucking hates its fans - could it be someone who had been dead before? Ted Kord, Ralph Dibney (trolltastic decision that would be), Aqualad/Tempest. Other Justice League members I don't think we've seen yet include Metamorpho (probably not big enough), Plastic Man (he's only been seen on a TV screen so far), Geo-Force, Max Lord ... man, everything seems to point toward Wally.

Shit.

So with the new 52, Black Mask (Roman Sionis) is shown to be alive and is currently in Arkham Asylum...which is run by Jerimiah Arkham.

The thing is, this is written by Tony Daniel, who wrote the story of when Arkham became Black Mask after Catwoman killed the original.

So we are supposed to buy that:

1) Somehow, Roman Sionis is alive again.

2) Dr. Arkham was still Black Mask after Sionis died

3) So Dr. Arkham is now running Arkham Asylum despite being Black Mask and taking over Gotham City, only to be stopped by Batman and thrown into Arkham Asylum. And none of this is explained.