DC reboot

dc20willsave

I know this has probably been talked about in length a long time ago... and I'm really late... but it really pisses me off that they would just cut off The Joker's face in Detective #1 and then just not do anything with it at all. It's been almost a year and there is nothing! Like what the fuck?! What was the point of cutting his damn face off to begin with?!! (and since it's definitely already been talked about, can somebody tell me which pages of the thread it's on so I can read the posts)

Honestly, shocking moment to get places like Bleeding Cool to write about the shocking moment, to get more people to buy the issue, and the ones that follow.

Tony Daniel is a terrible writer, and I doubt he's ever going to mention it again.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Really? He's a pretty lame writer, but 'Tec has been selling very well. Where'd you hear this?

Whoops; I got it confused with Batman: The Dark Knight. That's the one that's switching writers. I actually haven't kept those straight since the relaunch; I have trouble keeping more than one "stupidly bland Batman book" in my head at once.

It seems like over the past few years there's been a real push to widen Batman's rogues gallery, with some mixed success. To my mind there's no way shape or form in which Jason should be a hero again, Red Hood is a villain and that's it. Morrison's stuff is a mixed bag, Pyg is awesome but Thomas Wayne was terrible. Most of the rest of that evil league of whatever was deliberately throwaway too, although I quite like Flamingo. Hush is great too, I don't think we've seen the best of what can be done with him.

I bring this up because Dollmaker, the dude who cut off Joker's face, feels very lazy. So recently after Pyg, introducing someone who also messes up faces and has slavish followers, only in a much less original fashion, feels like they lacked ideas.The difference between the two is that Pyg is a Batman villain, he feels like one, he's a psycho with his own MO and distinct calling card. Dollmaker's just another serial killer with less imagination. In my opinion the jury is still out on the Court of Owls, could be interesting, might not be. We'll see, although setting up the new Owl-man like they have has at least grabbed my attention (even if it's for daft reasons).

It seems like over the past few years there's been a real push to widen Batman's rogues gallery, with some mixed success. To my mind there's no way shape or form in which Jason should be a hero again, Red Hood is a villain and that's it. Morrison's stuff is a mixed bag, Pyg is awesome but Thomas Wayne was terrible. Most of the rest of that evil league of whatever was deliberately throwaway too, although I quite like Flamingo. Hush is great too, I don't think we've seen the best of what can be done with him.

I bring this up because Dollmaker, the dude who cut off Joker's face, feels very lazy. So recently after Pyg, introducing someone who also messes up faces and has slavish followers, only in a much less original fashion, feels like they lacked ideas.The difference between the two is that Pyg is a Batman villain, he feels like one, he's a psycho with his own MO and distinct calling card. Dollmaker's just another serial killer with less imagination. In my opinion the jury is still out on the Court of Owls, could be interesting, might not be. We'll see, although setting up the new Owl-man like they have has at least grabbed my attention (even if it's for daft reasons).

I think there's been way too much "The villains that BREAK THE BAT" attempts in recent years to the point where nothing can really out-do not only Knightfall, but The Cult in which Batman seriously did get mindfucked. And that was a 4 issue mini right before Jason Todd died. That being said, I really love Morrison's Black Glove/R.I.P. saga because it was so different. I also like Snyder's Night of Owls storyline, although that has more to do with the Batman issues than the crossover tie-ins.

But I feels ya. James Jr. is a great villain because he has more of a connection to Gordon than to Batman. (Although he did figure out that Dick Grayson was the Dark Knight.) I like Hush but feel as though his first story was his best. Paul Dini did great stuff with him however in Streets.

By and large I don't like the new thrown-into-the-ether villains, mainly because they mostly come from Tony Daniel. Enigma, daughter of Riddler, and Dollmaker were both atrocious, and although some are colorful like Mr. Toxic appears to be, it's like who cares anymore.

He has a point, to some extent. He should have been at least told what Grant Morrison was working on, and he should have been given proper answers to simple questions like "Are the Kents dead" it would have drove anyone nuts. That pretty much cuts you off from writing anything meaningful in the comic, outside of some new villains, who chances are, readers aren't going to like.

Only read the first issue thus far and it's fantastic. Best 1st issue of the whole DCnU (that I read, but judging from everything else I've heard of the ones I didn't, I made the right choice).

It's also the only series I know of with a new comic writer and a relatively new artist as well.

Has anyone read Batman: The Dark Knight #10 will the new writer Gregg Hurwitz? I'm debating on getting it because Scarecrow is one of my favorite Bat-villains. If anyone has... let me know if it was any good...

It's solid! Way better than the series has been thus far.

Batman Incorporated is the best Bat-Title out there right now. Morrison mixes in continuity from the 70s O'Neil era with the modern new52 stuff and the story he's telling with Talia Al Ghul is incredible. Matches Malone returns next issue. If nothing else, THIS is the Bat-Title to read, even more than the Scott Snyder stuff, which is great as well. but this is fantastic.

I'm loving Scott Snyder's stuff in Batman... I'm picking up Nightwing and Batman and Robin as well... I just wanted to know if TDK was worth getting... And I'll be checking out Detective now that Tony Daniels is leaving. I'm loving the three Bat books I'm getting now. I'll check out Batman Incorporated next time I visit my local comic shop.