DC reboot

dc20willsave

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The reason DC wants to kill Stewart is not because they're racist, it's because they have nothing for him to do and THE GL BOOKS HAVE SUCKED BIG-TIME SINCE THE NEW 52.

That, and it might get them a Marvel style story on some prominent websites, which in theory would bring in new readers, or idiots who think the book will be worth something more than cover price.

Anyway, some more Bleeding Cool rumours, Karen Berger supposedly told a writer not to take his recent work to Vertigo, back when she was the EIC for it.

http://www.bleedingc..._medium=twitter

That may just be nothing, and just BC getting extra readership, but still, interesting that all this stuff is coming out of the woodwork at once.

According to Newsarama, Tony Daniel has also left Action Comics.

Is it just me, or did Tony Daniel seem like a bit of a dick in his comments of "I think he made the wrong choice telling DC to fuck off." he didn't have to bring up Diggle and give his opinion on the matter, also, DC made a big thing of Diggle and Daniel being the new creative team to follow Morrisons run, so for him to turn around and say "I was only ever going to be on for three issues" seems like serious amounts of bullshit.

To be fair, Knightwing, you always have a single example contrary to regular opinion.

To be fair, I also heard a lot of people upset about GL not being black. People who don't read comics and never have thought GL was black because of the awesome cartoons. In fact, I stumbled into the IMDB comments on "Green Lantern" once and that was all they fucking talked about.

Supposedly, Scott Snyder, and Greg Capullo are having their contracts altered to make sure both stick around on Batman till issue 50. As a fan of Snyder's runs on Batman and Detective Comics, even if his stories have a sort of "It all falls into place in the last two pages" twist, I'm happy with this.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/03/30/greg-capullos-new-contract-and-james-robinson-on-tip-toe/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• 3 weeks later...

I have to be honest, this is the first time I'm hearing of this fan question columns existence. So, my guess, this is to try and get extra clicks, and bring the thing back in a few months "Because the fans demanded it."

First of all, in no arena other than comics would "large company decides not to hold open forum and take angry questions from disgruntled consumers with no filter or prep time" be an issue. Of course they don't want to do this, and while I have no love for Bob Harras, I totally understand not wanting to put him through this. They have nothing to gain and everything to lose by allowing this forum to continue.

That said, it's one more (short-term) PR hit DC doesn't need. In the long run this makes total sense, but the industry has its knives drawn for DC and this is more fodder for that.

It would be very easy to say DC is taking the coward's way out, but it's honestly the only sensible thing they could do.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't want to put this squarely on Bob Harras's shoulders, because it's not just him, but wasn't his tenure as EIC of Marvel equally disastorous?

It's not all his fault, but the bankruptcy happened on his watch.

Marvel was fucking godawful when he was EIC. He was universally loathed within the company, and the "Image-ification" of Marvel was directly attributable to him.