DC reboot

dc20willsave

All we need is Lois & Clark '93 and we're in business.

This. This needs to be a thing. Someone get on that.

If you had asked me I would have said Superman '51 would have been more likely, but I would read the hell out of Lois and Clark '93.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wasn't the parallel worlds touted as one of the reasons that people found the pre-52 verse confusing? I'm game for having them back in, obvs, but am confused at the reasoning.

It was more the reason they gave for the pre-Crisis continuity going away back in 1985. (Which was bullshit, honestly; kids had no real problem keeping track of it. But DC wanted to be Marvel so badly back then.)

What I think is interesting about the event is that it seems to suggest that the entire history of the DCU still exists in some form post-New 52, potentially on alternate earths. Which is contrary to how things were explained in Flashpoint, but whatever. Maybe they'll actually start doing some books in the pre-New 52verse again?

What I think is interesting about the event is that it seems to suggest that the entire history of the DCU still exists in some form post-New 52, potentially on alternate earths. Which is contrary to how things were explained in Flashpoint, but whatever. Maybe they'll actually start doing some books in the pre-New 52verse again?

One of the chapters of Superman Doomed featured the pre-Flashpoint DC, among a few other universes.

Superman-Doomed-2-Final-Page.jpg

^That one's gonna be interesting because I actually think that Lobdell, despite nearly everything else he's done wrong with the various Bat-Characters, has actually written by far the best Jason Todd since the character's return. He had Bruce and Jason finally reconcile, and before the new-52 the character was in a nowhere zone. He was a bad guy, he wasn't, he was in Arkham, then he wasn't. I honestly hope the Post-Crisis versions of the characters will come to a reconciliation like the new-52 versions did.

Hey, you know those comics that very few of you ever bought that you want back? Here they are! This time with even more mediocre talent!

Well that's...incredibly cynical.

Seriously, I could do a dissertation on "stupidest shit I've ever heard" when it comes to comic book stories, and Superman and Lois Lane have a baby couldn't possibly be anywhere near it. Like, really? Greg Rucka and Dan Jurgens, "mediorce", really???

Never said them, but the overwhelming glut of that looks awful just from the talent involved.

The only thing I'm even slightly interested in is the Superman one because of Lee Weeks, but even then, the interest is barely there.

Also, Flashpoint characters coming back...who thinks that's a good idea?