Episode 67

RSS

Guys, watch the second series premiere again. There is nothing there to explain why the Doctor is near death. You probably do need to see that the regeneration went somewhat bad during his conversation with Rose, and why she took him home.

And yeah, I know I'm being too grumpy, but, unless I missed something, there isn't any bridge between the end of the first series and the start of the new one, other than the skit.

See, I would maintain that you really don't need any more explanation than "He just regenerated and regeneration is a difficult process." The five minute scene was really nothing more than some banter followed by him falling down.

The short segment does well to show Rose's fear over having lost her Doctor (though "The Christmas Invasion" does that too), it never explains why the regeneration went wrong. As for "The Christmas Invasion" dealing with it, I think having The Doctor act wacky and pass out as soon as he exits the TARDIS does well enough to explain that the process isn't going well. Hell, he says as much after he saves the family from the Christmas tree.

So as fun as the bridging skit is, it isn't needed at all.

Not Who related, but it took a lot for me to say "it's not worth it" to someone posting "I'm not an American, so this means nothing to me" remark on a 7/4 America video.

Something about YouTube just brings out the trollish, looking for a fight attitude in people. I don't think it's just people being snobs, I think they geniuinely want to start flame wars with other users.

a really fun episode :-)

You should get used to the Master having complicated convoluted plans, some of his future ones are just bizarre lol. I have to say that, while I think that Ainley's performance does drift into pantomime, there are flashes of great performances throughout...and his last story, I think is his best performance. I just love it.

Regarding fans of the time not having seen the old Doctors, they actually would, because between Logopolis and Castrovalva there was a season of repeats, with one story from each Doctor. The stories shown were An Unearthly Child, The Krotons, Carnival of Monsters, The Three Doctors and then Logopolis.

Peter Davison is probably the best actor (along with Troughton) to have played the Doctor in the classic series, and it's no coincidence that they were the two who never really suffered any typecasting and continued to work without problems (Davison has pretty much been constantly on TV since leaving the show).

Can't wait to hear the next show...whilst Four to Doomsday is a bit...well..crap, Kinda is one of my all time favourite stories.