Thor: The Dark World

Koete

That trailer gives me hope for this movie. I wasn't a huge fan of the first movie, mostly because of its goofy tone, completely generic hero's quest (with no real twists), and lack of Lord of the Rings-esque epic fantasy action (no, the Niffleheim scene doesn't count; too much crappy CG, so-so choreography, and not enough real "punch"). This one looks way more in line with what I'd actually expect from a Thor movie.

Did anyone else catch that it looks like they might be bringing in Sif's feelings for Thor? If something happens to Jane in this movie, that might actually go somewhere.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I know they're trying to make you think they're gonna kill Jane, but no, they won't.

Oh, of course, though they might do the "breakup because girlfriend's life is in danger" thing. There's still a possibility that they'll play around with the love triangle in various ways. I mean, in the comics (generally), Sif is Thor's girlfriend, not Jane. It's just all wonky now that they've eliminated Donald Blake from the story. So who knows.

I'm probably waiting on Netflix for this one based on how shitty the first one was.

I don't know if I'd call it shitty. Kat Dennings was awful, and Hopkins could clearly not have cared less, but there was a lot to like from Thor and Loki. I mean, Branagh brought out the inherent Shakespeare to the Thor/Odin/Loki dynamic, which a lesser director would have missed.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

When has London been blown up? I guess the last Fast and Furious, Skyfall, Fantastic Four : Rise of the Silver Surfer. I think Big Ben ate a anti-monument laser in Indepedance day. Oh, and Star Trek: Into Darkness. Any I'm missing?

Nice to have a widely recognised location that isn't an american city.

As much as I should have a problem with London being attacked, I hate Londoners so go nuts. Just steer clear of the Putney district as my sister lives there, cheers.

Still, if Branagh were still directing, British soil being harmed wouldn't even have been mooted. DAMN YOU ALAN TAYLOR, whoever you are!!