Thor: The Dark World

Koete

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, just got back from seeing this with my mom and little sister.

Pretty thoroughly enjoyed Loki, and goddamn, I wish we could've gotten more with Frigga, in both this movie and the last. Hiddleston pretty much stole the show on all fronts. They had a lot going on in this movie that managed to come together pretty well all things considered, but man, things were really jumbled there for a while.

Also, bless that Chris Evans cameo.

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw it and I enjoyed it a lot. It had plenty of WTF deus ex machine moments, but I thoroughly enjoyed the final fight. Loki was gold as always, but why wasn't he given more screen time, god damn it?! The Chris Evans cameo was fucking GREAT. Loved the ending, and can't wait for the fallout from it.

Also loved the random Benicio del Toro cameo in the mid-credits scene.

The best and worst thing about these movies is Loki. He's so interesting and full of subtlety that the rest of the movie suffers when he's not on the screen. Everyone else is just bland, comic relief, or an unnamed Asgardian in a silly hat.

Natalie Portman may as well have been a piece of sheet rock.

I sincerely hope that GOTG has a drastically different look than the snippet we saw at the end of Thor 2 because that looked like a Red Dwarf episode. Which is not a compliment, by the way.

Honestly, I thought Thor 2 is the only place where Loki really worked. He was okay in The Avengers, and he did say "quim" which was awesome. He worked best opposite Stark and Hulk more because those guys worked in that movie.

Honestly, I thought Thor 2 is the only place where Loki really worked. He was okay in The Avengers, and he did say "quim" which was awesome. He worked best opposite Stark and Hulk more because those guys worked in that movie.

Agreed. And it is a damn shame the Weaving Red Skull isn't coming back as he'd be just what The Project needs - ie/ not relying on Loki to carry all of the villain side until Thanos finally shows up. I REALLY want to see Justin Hammer come back - he's pretty much the best thing about Iron Man 2.