Dr. Anton Phibes vs Lord Summerisle

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Dr. Anton Phibes

the-abominable-dr-phibes-1-1.jpeg

Debut: The Abominable Dr. Phibes (1971)

Main weapon: Creativity.

Other names: N/A

Dislikes: The health care system.

vs

Lord Summerisle

lordsummerisle.jpg

Debut: The Wicker Man (1973)

Main weapon: Faith.

Other names: N/A

Dislikes: Sex changes, remakes.

This is a weird one. One is an exaggerated Bond villain that revels in his work, the other, a cultist that doesn't believe for a second that he's the villain.

Ultimately, I fall on the Price side of the Price/Lee debate, and Phibes dominated the films he was in. Summerisle was simply a part of his.

This is a weird one. One is an exaggerated Bond villain that revels in his work, the other, a cultist that doesn't believe for a second that he's the villain.

Ironic, given that Lee actually played a Bond villain (opposite Britt Ekland, no less). Either way, I'm not voting in this one as I know nothing about Phibes.

Tough, because I love both characters.

I have to vote Phibes, because of the revelry in his evil antics. Plus, he's motivated by revenge. Also, the beautiful Vulnavia is almost as pretty as Britt Eklund and she has a name like a sex organ.

Summerisle is great, but he rarely comes across as the catalyst for the sacrifice, instead it's caretaker.