Zombies vs Predator

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Zombies (Romero version)

romero-zombies.jpg

Debut: Night of the Living Dead (1968)

Main weapon: Disease

Other names: The walking dead, ghouls, flesh eaters

Dislikes: Foot races, fire

vs

Predator

predator.jpg

Debut: Predator (1987)

Main weapon: Varies

Other names: Yautja, Hish

Dislikes: Being compared to Klingons

Zombies here, partially because I've never viewed any of the Predator films as horror. But, more than that, it goes back to what Dubs said. Could a Predator mow them down? Yes but, with Romero Zombies, there always seem to be more right around the corner and all it takes is one to get close enough to chow down and we got us a big ugly zombie. Also, the zombies can't be reasoned with and aren't going to leave you alone because you dropped your guns or they respect your skills as a hunter.

Predators win. They have the advantage of stealth overall, but also sheer skill and technological power. They have practically no limitations. Zombies have a hundred limitations that can be easily taken advantage of.

Which is worse, because of their sheer numbers and the fact that they only kill you if you make mistakes. You can be the best you can be and do everything right and a Predator will still get you, when zombies get you it's your own damn fault.

A Predator group could be set loose on a planet of zombies and kill thousands, but eventually they'd lose just like everyone else. You can't kill them all, all you can do stave them off and try and hide.

We're talking about Romero zombies here. The shambling kind that can use tools, but are ultimately dumber than a rock. From atop a tree, a Predator can pick them off one by one.

Hell, I don't even think a Predator would bother with Romero zombies. To them it would be like playing a video game with all of the cheat codes turned on: you can easily win, but it's very unsatisfying. They'd only be challenged by modern (RE: fast) zombies.

Can zombies even bite through Predator armor?

If buy armour you mean a faceplate and a string-mesh vest I'm going to go ahead and say yeah, they can.

I like Predator, but to me this isn't all about individual power, it's about who's the better villain, and Romero Zombies are at the top of that list for me. Superboy Prime is way more powerful than the Joker, which is the better villain? Nothing Predator can do could match Shauns mum coming back in Shaun of the Dead.

Zombies, for me, are far more terrifying in simple concept versus the Predator. Predator can be stopped/feel pain/be outsmarted. Zombies? None of that. Can't wear 'em down, they are driven by a singular need to feed and will keep going even if they lose limbs.