tglancy

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

He was actually already getting the Cap credit for a little while because of the Joe Simon lawsuit. (However, your point not only stands but is actually reinforced.)

Credit leads to money, which is why lawsuits are the ONLY way this is going to happen on a regular basis.

It's a different world that Kirby and Lee where creating in. Throw in the fact that Lee was a loquacious, charming guy, who made the crowd eat out of the palm of his hand and Kirby was much more low key and private, it's easy to see why Lee got all the credit. Does that make Stan Lee a shitty guy? Kinda.

Thankfully, we seem to be changing that environment, and creators have more control, more options and more credit than ever before.

Japan doesn't have a live-action TV/film industry the way that a lot of other countries do, so often times their genre stuff ends up being "weird" to try to make up the difference in production value from western movies and TV. But anime is frequently of a higher standard. Attack on Titan is pretty amazing, actually, and unique to the point where people have started describing other things as "Attack on Titan-like." But this Marvel thing is most definitely going to be like some of the other AoT spin-offs that are just fun alternate universe stories. No ramifications for the AoT or Marvel universes.

Marvel is really pissing me off with their trade numbering. If you're going to constantly start back at #1 every few months, at least have the decency to keep your trade numbering or naming in a way that a university graduate can fathom. For example, Daredevil.

They used to do it as Daredevil by Mark Waid. Makes sense. I like that.

BUT!

They're changed it. That's okay. If you're going to go up to DD by MW vol 7 and then start back at one because #1 trades sell better, that's cool. Let's come up with a way that works that's easy.

BUT!

Daredevil by Mark Waid vol 7 leads to...

Daredevil vol 00 Devil At Bay (okay, we're okay so far) leads to...

Daredevil vol 2 West Case Scenario.

What? 00 and then 2? That doesn't make sense! Okay, Marvel retroactively changes vol 00 to vol 1. Making amends. I get it. We'll try to do it right the first time next time...

BUT!

Daredevil vol 2 West Case Scenario collects issues #6-10 of this new run and issue #1.5 (I don't like THAT numbering either, but I can live with it in trade form).

Now, which issues does Devil At Bay volume 1 nee vol 00 collect? #1-5, #.1 AND #1.5?!!!! LJUFLJHDGBKIJHFGXIKNUTGXC BZI K*HTLGX<JNMGTXIYTRZ*IBYTOXNIYTXFBIYHTNXIXT

Ahem...excuse me. Now that I've outlined my frustrations, I'm better. I swear.

BUT!

Daredevil vol 1 (formerly vol 00) actually ships BEFORE Daredevil by Mark Waid vol 7! SO....we get a taste of the series' bold new direction before we get the story THAT LED TO THE BOLD NEW MOTHERFUCKING DIRECTION!!!!!! JHKDGBVCLAKJGVLKASBDLKJNVb;dskfjvbq;kjvf;

I just died.