Let's add some life to this section

This forum seems custom made for my interests, but the video game audience is so thin here that I usually have nothing to talk about.

Consider this my effort to change that. I stole this survey from elsewhere and think it would be interesting to see some answers.

I have been playing video games since:

The number of platforms (PC included) I've ever owned:

The first game I can remember playing:

The first game I ever finished/mastered:

The first piece of hardware/software I ever broke:

The awesomest gaming moment I remember:

If I could have a job at a videogame company:

Greatest game of all time:

Best ending:

Best multiplayer:

Best character:

They should remake:

They should stop making:

They should make a movie about:

I can beat anyone at:

I always suck at:

I have been playing video games since: Age 9.

The number of platforms (PC included) I've ever owned: 42

The first game I can remember playing: Warlords

The first game I ever finished/mastered: Golden Axe

The first piece of hardware/software I ever broke: I vividly remember breaking a Commodore 64 disk in half at some point. I think it was Desert Fox.

The awesomest gaming moment I remember: Beating TMNT for the NES will probably always be my proudest.

If I could have a job at a videogame company: I'd love to be either a scenario writer or character designer.

Greatest game of all time: Chrono Trigger

Best ending: Metal Gear Solid 3

Best multiplayer: Street Fighter 3: Third Strike

Best character: Mr. Domino

They should remake: No One Can Stop Mr. Domino

They should stop making: On a purely selfish level, I'd really like to see less generic shooters.

They should make a movie about: Mr. Domino

I can beat anyone at: Maids with Balloons

I always suck at: First Person Shooters

I have been playing video games since: Age 4

The number of platforms (PC included) I've ever owned: 13

The first game I can remember playing: Gorillas

The first game I ever finished/mastered: StarFox 64

The first piece of hardware I ever broke: ...I don't think I have, actually.

The awesomest gaming moment I remember: Pulling the Master Sword out of its pedestal. (in any/all Zelda games, but notably Ocarina of Time)

If I could have a job at a videogame company: Writer/Designer at Bioware.

Greatest game of all time: Ocarina of Time / Uncharted 2

Best ending: Tetris

Best multiplayer: Unreal Tournament 2004

Best character: The 4x1 block in Tetris

They should remake: X-Wing (and TIE Fighter)

They should stop making: Handheld versions of every single multi-platform game

They should make a movie about: Halo

I can beat anyone at: Super Smash Bros. Melee

I always suck at: multiplayer RTS matches

I have been playing video games since: 4.

The number of platforms (PC included) I've ever owned: 6. Played with my older brothers console before buying my own.

The first game I can remember playing: Alex The Kidd on SMS.

The first game I ever finished/mastered: Super Mario World.

The first piece of hardware/software I ever broke: Never really been able to break consoles/pads. So closest breaking system would be my first 360 red ringing.

The awesomest gaming moment I remember: Beating Bowser in Super Mario World the first time.

If I could have a job at a videogame company: Storyline writer.

Greatest game of all time: Super Mario World.

Best ending: Resident Evil 2.

Best multiplayer: Street Fighter Alpha 2.

Best character: Mario.

They should remake: Alex The Kidd on the 3DS.

They should stop making: Nothing really. You can't stop games companies from making whatever they think will sell.

They should make a movie about: Okami

I can beat anyone at: Smackdown VS Raw 2010 as Cody Rhodes.

I always suck at: Straight up racing games, but can always do well in games like Burnout.

I have been playing video games since: 6.

The number of platforms (PC included) I've ever owned: 4

The first game I can remember playing: Mario 3

The first game I ever finished/mastered: Tetris 2

The first piece of hardware/software I ever broke: My Sega was bought from a yard sale wrapped in tape and would only come on if you wrapped the power cord around the game 6 times. It sill works. So, I haven't broke anything.

The awesomest gaming moment I remember: Beating Tetris II on a B&W TV.

If I could have a job at a video game company: No interest.

Greatest game of all time: Tetris

Best ending: I have only beat one game, Tetris II. So, that.

Best multiplayer: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game

Best character: Mario.

They should remake: N/A

They should stop making: Movie Tie-Ins. I have never heard a good time about them and they tend to not sell.

They should make a movie about: Sonic. I mean, we got a live action Mario game and that turned out good, right?

I can beat anyone at: Tetris II.

I always suck at: Any game past the Sega Genesis (Barring the new NBA JAM). Too many buttons you kids have today, or somthing.

The first piece of hardware/software I ever broke: My Sega was bought from a yard sale wrapped in tape and would only come on if you wrapped the power cord around the game 6 times. It sill works. So, I haven't broke anything.

I was always doing stuff like this. My favorite is the "turn the NES on while you have the game pressed down and find something to hold it with" move.

I was always doing stuff like this. My favorite is the "turn the NES on while you have the game pressed down and find something to hold it with" move.

I always used to love the "Game isn't starting, eject it and blow on it!" move, and it worked every time.

I have been playing video games since: Age 5.

The number of platforms (PC included) I've ever owned: 7

The first game I can remember playing: Alex the Kidd

The first game I ever finished/mastered: Super Mario Bros.

The first piece of hardware/software I ever broke: None, although I did buy one of the original glitchy copies of No Mercy (N64)

The awesomest gaming moment I remember: Beating TMNT for the NES will probably always be my proudest.

If I could have a job at a videogame company: I'd be in the publicity/PR department, hopefully trying to inform the company what people on blogs think about them and ensure they don't become evil.

Greatest game of all time: Civilisation II

Best ending: When you fail at LOZ: Majora's Mask.

Best multiplayer: Goldeneye 007 (original)

Best character: Ganondorf

They should remake: ICE CLIMBERS!!!

They should stop making: Grand Theft Auto. They peaked with San Andres, and should stick to tangential games like Red Dead Redemption & L.A. Noire

They should make a movie about: Metroid/Samus Aran

I can beat anyone at: Super Smash Brothers as Link

I always suck at: Fighting games

I have been playing video games since: Age 5

The number of platforms (PC included) I've ever owned: 9 (In order, NES, SNES, N64, GBColor, GBA, PC, DS, XBox, PS2)

The first game I can remember playing: Super Mario Bros. 2 (My cousin was playing it and he let me play for a life. It was less than a minute of play.)

The first game I ever finished/mastered: Super Mario Bros. 3

The first piece of hardware/software I ever broke: I didn't break it but my NES stopped working one day. Sad face.

The awesomest gaming moment I remember: First time I beat Mega Man 2. My sister was pissed because I had monopolized the TV all day but it was worth it.

If I could have a job at a videogame company: Writing. I've had storylines for RPGs in my head since I was in 5th grade.

Greatest game of all time: This is a tough one for me but Final Fantasy 6, Bioshock, Portal, Mega Man 2, Chrono Trigger, and Ocarina of Time are pretty high up there.

Best ending: The end of Final Fantasy 6. The fact that everyone in the main cast gets their moment in the sun.

Best multiplayer:Either Halo 2 since I have spent hours of LAN parties playing that with friends or Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I have spent so many hours playing Brawl in large groups.

Best character: Tough one but I'll probably go with either Celes in Final Fantasy 6 or Frog in Chrono Trigger

They should remake: Final Fantasy 8, just to hear the Final Fantasy 7 freaks bitch and moan that they still didn't do an update to their sub-standard game.

They should stop making: Madden. Just do a DLC pack every year than maybe do an actual new game once ever three.

They should make a movie about: Street Fighter. I mean, I can't believe there still hasn't been a Street Fighter movie after all this time.

I can beat anyone at: There is no game I can say this with really. I'm not enough of a gamer to ever say I can beat anyone because someone will eventually.

I always suck at: Fighting Games. I suck with getting the timing right putting in the button combinations.

I have been playing video games since: Age 5

The number of platforms (PC included) I've ever owned: About half a dozen NES's, Gameboy classic, SNES, Genesis, Gameboy Advance, N64, Gamecube, two PSP's, three Nintendo DS's (one DSi), three PS2's, two Xbox 360's, and god knows how many PC's.

The first game I can remember playing: Adventure Island - NES

The first game I ever finished/mastered: Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle

The first piece of hardware/software I ever broke: I dunno. An NES controller of some sort that I smashed angrily on the floor.

The awesomest gaming moment I remember: Finally beating Intelligent Qube and getting like a 400+ I.Q. at the end.

If I could have a job at a videogame company: I would be the person that would be granted the power to create a true sequel to Xenogears.

Greatest game of all time: Xenogears--Not a perfect game by any stretch, but it will always be my favorite.

Best ending: I can think of about a dozen Twisted Metal endings that are cool as hell. Sadly, video game endings are, by and large, pretty crappy.

Best multiplayer: Rock Band

Best character: Krelian from Xenogears--This guy is what any self-respecting antagonist should aspire to be. He became disillusioned with the idea of there being a god (given how much pain and suffering there was), so he decided to create a god. The people he blames for "allowing" his best friend, Sophia, to perish in battle? Oh, he just mutates them with nanotechnology to where they will never be able to age, so they have to suffer through neverending anguish of watching their friends grow old and die every generation. And when all is said and done, it is revealed that he loved people (as a whole) very much and only wanted them to never have to suffer the loss of a dear friend as he did, but he let his anger get in the way of what could have been a noble goal. Absolutely one of the deepest characters I've ever seen.

They should remake: Battle Arena Toshinden

They should stop making: Madden. Sonic the Hedgehog, unfortunately is up there, too. Talk about a pair of franchises that live off of former glory.

They should make a movie about: Portal (but only if JK Simmons is in it)

I can beat anyone at: Rock Band Expert Pro Drums on post-hardcore-genre songs

I always suck at: Playing guitar in rhythm games

I have been playing video games since: 1986, so since I was 5.

The number of platforms (PC included) I've ever owned: 15, and that doesn't include buying certain ones twice after trading them in for money in tight spots. Not drug related tight spots, mind you.

The first game I can remember playing: Super Mario Brothers

The first game I ever finished/mastered: Gyromite. I was a freaking wizard with that game. That or Tecmo Bowl

The first piece of hardware/software I ever broke: I punched through my Sega Genesis one time after losing to Bison on the hardest setting in SF2 for about the 10th time in a row. Literally punched through the thing to the floor. My parents made me wait a week to get a new one. In that week, I broke 2 gameboy games in frustration. Just pulled the games out and smashed them. Not a good week.

The awesomest gaming moment I remember: Ok, so Blockbuster did this nationwide tournament with gamepro one year, and it was platform specific. Since I had a Genesis, the games were NBA Jam, Clayfighters, and Sonic 3. The catch was the Clatfighters wasn't even out for the system or some shit, because not a lot of people had played it and you could only rent it or some shit. I figured it was a fighting game so I would be ok, but I didn't account for the sheer awfulness of it. I killed NBA Jam, and after that week I was in the top 10 or so. I sucked at Clayfighter and wasn't even in the top 25 after that. So I wasn't even going to go to week 3. But my mom said I signed up, I had to finish, so I went. You had like 3 or 5 minutes or whatever to play the game, so I start the game and end up getting to two of the secret zones, getting a perfect on each one and getting the chaos emerald and I got a shit ton of coins during the regular gameplay. I had the highest score in that game for the store I played at, the highest in the city, and ended up finishing third in the city. All that got me was some coupons and some other shit, but my utter dominance of Sonic the Hedgehog 3 will always stay with me.

If I could have a job at a videogame company: I wouldn't want one. Wouldn't want something I really like to become work.

Greatest game of all time: Starfox 64

Best ending: No idea. I tend not to remember these things.

Best multiplayer: Mario Kart Wii.

Best character: Mega-Man. The only character I ever wanted to dress up as.

They should remake: WWE No Mercy or Wrestlefest with the current roster.

They should stop making: Games that are just violent for the sake of violence. And Madden.

They should make a movie about: Starfox

I can beat anyone at: Nothing. I suck against other people at video games. In my youth, SF Alpha and Alpha 2 for the PS1. I would have beaten ANYONE at those games. Now? not so much.

I always suck at: Realistic driving games. I don't want to drive for real in a video game, I want to be a bat out of hell.

I have been playing video games since: 9 if we count my brief affiar with the Game Boy Color, but since 16 on a regular basis

The number of platforms (PC included) I've ever owned: 3 (GameBoy Color, PS2, DS)

The first game I can remember playing: Pokemon Yellow, or DDR at a friend's house

The first game I ever finished/mastered: Star Wars Pod Racer

The first piece of hardware/software I ever broke: PS2, died a natural death after 6 years

The awesomest gaming moment I remember: Being able to kick my friends' asses on DoA on my first try

If I could have a job at a videogame company: The hey remember you have female players here's how to get them to actually buy your shit checker

Greatest game of all time: Tie between Odin Sphere and Okami so far. I should really finish those

Best ending: Kingdom Hearts II, cause I'm a sap.

Best multiplayer: Erm, I don't really have games that use multiplayer, and the console I have doesn't really have internet capabilities.

Best character: Auron, FFX.

They should remake: FFX-2, cause it sucked and had the focus in the wrong areas.

They should stop making: Final Fantasy probably, cause let's face it, FFXIII-2 doesn't look that good.

They should make a movie about: I do think FFVI or FFIX could make a lovely multipart movie

I can beat anyone at: Soul Calibur III

I always suck at: FPSes, they make my head hurt.

I have been playing video games since: i think maybe 2 back in 93

The number of platforms (PC included) I've ever owned: 21

The first game I can remember playing: goof troop for snes

The first game I ever finished/mastered: Pokemon

The first piece of hardware/software I ever broke: i think i've broken controllers in the past but i dont remember recently though me and a buddy took apart a ps3 conrtoller and couldnt put it back together

The awesomest gaming moment I remember: playing GTA2 for the first time

If I could have a job at a videogame company: i'd write games

Greatest game of all time: tetris

Best ending: dont beat enough games to know

Best multiplayer: goof troop

Best character: any character who isnt the intergalactic hero of all time who saves everything always, im looking at you master chief

They should remake: dont remake make a new IP

They should stop making: halo

They should make a movie about: http://youtu.be/FkiWdMVheZk

I can beat anyone at: a flash game

I always suck at: street fighter