Hulk and The Agents of S.M.A.S.H.

Koete

Marvel Head of Television Jeph Loeb revealed a new animated series based around The Incredible Hulk is coming to Disney XD.

Revealed by Marvel Head of Television Jeph Loeb on Saturday, June 23rd, 2011 during the San Diego Comic-Con 2011 panel "Marvel Television Presents," an all-new animated series Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. is in the works for Disney XD for a 2012 debut. Specific details on the show were not revealed, though the new animated series is in early production.

Writer Paul Dini, currently working on the upcoming Disney XD series Ultimate Spider-Man, is slated to be part of the creative team on Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.. More details on this upcoming animated series are expected to roll out as the official Disney XD network debut for the series draws near.

Source

This must have been a joke at the panel that was misinterpreted. Right?

The number of Hulks around is starting to get irritating.

Oprah-Winfrey-Show-The-End-Episode.jpg

"YOU get to be a Hulk, YOU get to be a Hulk, EVERYBODY GETS TO BE A HULK!"

Oprah_Show%25285%2529.jpg

"Except you. You get to be Razorfist."

edit- For those of you unfamiliar with SMASH, here's one of it's most high profile agents over here.

badger-char.jpg

(wow this reference is inside)

edit- For those of you unfamiliar with SMASH, here's one of it's most high profile agents over here.

badger-char.jpg

(wow this reference is inside)

The other 3 people at work who do the same job that I do have all never heard of Bodger & Badger. I forgot to put that in the "Feeling Old" thread, but they were born in the early 90s. One hadn't even heard of Cheryl Baker...

On topic: Why is it that Marvel have a virtual stranglehold of CBMs whereas they can barely get the cartoons right, and DC is vice versa? I'm not optimistic about this series....

It's true Ian, you're ancient.

Yeah, DC get their movies right occasionally but by and large it's pretty scattershot, Marvel's got the real masterplan on that front.

I would say though that Marvel has done ok. I'm not the biggest fan but I enjoyed the episode of The Avengers I saw at C2E2, and the upcoming Spider-man and anime projects look great too.

It's true Ian, you're ancient.

Sorry, didn't mean to bring it up so near to your impending birthday!

Yeah, DC get their movies right occasionally but by and large it's pretty scattershot, Marvel's got the real masterplan on that front.

I would say though that Marvel has done ok. I'm not the biggest fan but I enjoyed the episode of The Avengers I saw at C2E2, and the upcoming Spider-man and anime projects look great too.

WB interferes in DC movies way too much - when they leave directors alone, they get the Nolanverse.

And I should clarify what I say in that Marvel cartoons get over-shadowed by their DC counterparts, even when the cartoons in question are fine-to-very good. The 90s Marvel toons were very watchable, but the DCAU made more of an impact. And even nowadays, we seem to discuss The Brave & The Bold a lot more than Wolverine & the X-men or the recent Spider-Man cartoons.

True. I think the Marvel cartoon that got most chatter in recent times was the Spectacular Spider-man, mostly because it was a Spidey cartoon that didn't suck unlike the couple before. DC just has a much stronger tradition in that area, the DCAU was incredibly cohesive in putting together a wider universe up until Teen Titans and the Legion cartoon. Even past that they've focused on movies that serious adaptations of notable works, something Marvel has rarely touched.

Unfortunately this Hulk cartoon isn't going to change anything for Marvel, they seem to make stuff to fill holes in certain markets rather than to build something wider.

The only Marvel cartoons in the last 20 years that have really been truly remarkable are X-Men (1992), Spider-Man (1994), and The Spectacular Spider-Man. Comparatively, DC beats them by a mile.

It's all because WB pushed their TV animation to be the quality equivalent of Disney movies in the early 90s. Marvel hasn't been able to consistently draw on those same resources, and have mostly hopped around from network to network. Since 2000, they've been making shows mostly just to cash in on whatever films are being released at the time, rather than trying to make good standalone series.

• 1 year later...

The only Marvel cartoons in the last 20 years that have really been truly remarkable are X-Men (1992), Spider-Man (1994), and The Spectacular Spider-Man

Spider-Man '94, really? Every episode I've seen has been terrible. It always seems like a parody of Spider-Man to me.

It's not a good show, really, but it did introduce the 90s generation to Spider-Man and it was reasonably(ish) true to the comics enough that it sort of educated kids on comics characters and stories. Just for the sheer number of storylines and the fact that it captured so many kids' imaginations, it's "remarkable."

Okay that makes sense. I've just always seen it ranked up with Batman: The Animated Series and other shows that it's far inferior to and it has always confused me. I do however appreciate it for its complex ongoing story arcs, something that other animated television strayed away from at the time.

• 1 month later...
"Marvel's Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H." is set for a special two-part episode on Sunday, August 11 (11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m., ET/PT). Immediately following, there will air a brand new episode of "Marvel's Avengers Assemble" (12:00 - 12:30 p.m., ET/PT) as part of a special super-sized Marvel Universe block on Disney XD.

"Marvel's Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H."is an action-packed, fun-filled animated series starring Marvel's strongest super heroes - Hulk, She-Hulk, A-Bomb, Red Hulk and Skaar. In this first Marvel produced Hulk animated series, this Gamma group forms an unlikely family living under one roof, battling evil villains and proving to the world they are not monsters - they are Hulk-sized heroes. The Agents of S.M.A.S.H. must work together to tackle threats while learning to balance Hulk-sized action with everyday family-sized problems. From stopping Ego the Living Planet from crashing into Earth to trying to house break their giant red pet T-Rex, A-Bomb documents their heroic deeds and thrilling adventures in a reality-based web series.

Beginning Thursday, August 1, the series premiere episode "Doorway to Destruction, Part 1" debuts exclusively for verified users on WATCHDisneyXD.com and the WATCH Disney XD app for Kindle Fire, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, as well as Disney XD On Demand. On the same day, DisneyXD.com/HULK will launch the "Gamma Storm Smash" game, where fans can play as the Hulk or other agents of S.M.A.S.H. as they blast their way through a treacherous Gamma Tornado to reach the Negative Zone for a final Boss Battle against Annihilus.

From Monday, August 5 through Sunday, August 11, the series premiere episode is available free on iTunes.

On Sunday, August 11, the special one-hour series premiere kicks off with "Doorway to Destruction, Part 1," where Hulk's best pal Rick Jones begins making a web-series to show the world Hulk is a hero, and Big Green gets his first chance to prove it when Annihilus invades Earth. In "Doorway to Destruction, Part 2," the newly formed Agents of S.M.A.S.H. - including a Hulked out Rick Jones, aka A-Bomb - invade the Negative Zone to stop Annihilus once and for all.

In the new "Marvel's Avengers Assemble" episode "Molecule Kid," Hawkeye and Black Widow take on a covert S.H.I.E.L.D. mission to bring in the son of a super-villain, but when he is revealed to have a world-bending weapon, they realize keeping their mission a secret may be a fatal mistake.

"Marvel's Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H." stars Fred Tatasciore ("Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness") as Hulk, Clancy Brown ("The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes") as Red Hulk, Emmy Award-winner Seth Green ("Robot Chicken") as A-Bomb, Eliza Dushku ("Dollhouse") as She-Hulk and Ben Diskin ("Codename: Kids Next Door") as Skaar.

The creative team consists of executive producer Jeph Loeb ("Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."); co-executive producer Joe Quesada ("Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man"); creative consultant Paul Dini ("Batman: The Animated Series," "Lost"); and supervising producers Todd Casey ("Thundercats"), Cort Lane ("The Super Hero Squad Show") and Henry Gilroy ("Star Wars: The Clone Wars"). "Marvel's Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H." is produced by Marvel Television and carries a TV-Y7-FV parental guideline.