Episode 70

RSS

In this somber episode of Bigger on the Inside, Dan and Mike mourn the loss of a companion who's been with The Doctor since his last incarnation. That's right, Tegan, the brash Australian woman with dreams of becoming a stewardess has left the TARDIS to fulfill her career path. We'll miss you, Tegan. Also, as the 19th season comes to a close, Adric gets totally obliterated to much laughter ("Earthshock"), and The Master does something but the guys aren't sure what it is ("Time-Flight"). [ 1:53:25 || 54.5 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/biggerontheinside/episodes/bigger_070.mp3

This episode just popped up on my iTunes feed, and you had me worried there with those first words of it being somber in the description. First thought was "Wait, did a well known actor/actress/writer/etc from the show's history pass?" And then was briefly worried that the show was about to go into a hiatus or worse!

Well played Simms, well played =;)

Uh Mike, I'm going to guess that it's a ko-ink-y-dink that Knockin' On Heaven's Door was used AFTER I noted Dylan's look on the Blonde On Blonde cover looks like Tom Baker's Doctor?

;)

Honestly, it is. When I was going through my music library, I came across the Eric Clapton version, but I didn't like it. Then I opted for the Guns n' Roses version, but in that one "badge" sounds too much like "bath," and the point of me playing the song was being able to clearly hear the word badge. So then I settled on the original, which I forgot was a Dylan tune 'til I was looking for an mp3.

To clarify my nerdiness: When Mike told me he was usung that song, I immediately thought, "Wow, Mike remembers the scene of Slim Pickens dying in Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid?

I had completely forgot they used the song in Young Guns as well.

Mike, that picture of Adric in the banner is perfect. It tells you everything you need to know about Matthew Waterhouse's acting. He's about to die horribly, and he looks like he's trying to do long division in his head and failing at it.

Saw there are negative complaints on that video's comments.

Goes back to the rant Mike had a while back with internet comments, seems like people want say shit just for the sake of stirring shit.

But this is probably the most silly reason to stir shit about.

I mean, it's not like the video is celebrating the death of Matthew Waterhouse. Just the death of a FICTIONAL CHARACTER that was hated by most of the fandom, and with the bad acting of Waterhouse, it did seem more on the corny side and ripe for mashing up with a comedy laugh track.

• 2 weeks later...