Band suggestions

No doubt you're in the process of recovering from having your face blown off from that first episode, but when you finish, consider dropping some suggestions in here.

The only criteria is that the band has to have had, let's say, at least three studio albums and have to fall under the broad genre of "rock".

Obviously there's a lot to work with, so if metal isn't your cup of tea, feel free to recommend some punk or grunge or whathaveyou.

Holy shit! We're already doing this? I have a shortlist of 10 I want to get to and only one of them has been mentioned in this thread!

I'm up for everything, except maybe Buckethead. I did that experiment a year and a half ago or so, which may have been the spark for this show, and I barely made it out with my brain stem intact. I love him, but it's pretty fucking crazy. And we'd be reviewing Buckethead albums for 14 years before finishing.

Holy shit! We're already doing this? I have a shortlist of 10 I want to get to and only one of them has been mentioned in this thread!

Well, threads like this usually bottleneck quickly and I really don't have much of a shortlist.

Primus

Queens of the Stone Age

Radiohead

Mclusky

Future of the Left

Morphine - (Not Rock but they were so good. Miss them loads.)

Tom Waits - (Again not Rock)

Pixies

Smashing Pumpkins

A Perfect Circle

Faith No More

Tomahawk

Fantomas

Mr Bungle

The Mars Volta

Rollins Band

Jane's Addiction

Led Zeppelin

The Who

Thin Lizzy

Mastodon

Pearl Jam

Pink Floyd

Rage Against the Machine

The Ramones

The Clash

Soundgarden

Audioslave

System of a Down (Although I hate the first album)

The Breeders

Veruca Salt

Damn it. Didn't read the 3 album rule at the start:(

It doesn't mean that they won't soon have three albums.

I have a shortlist that I will replace with names from this thread as they get used up. When my coin lands, I will get Dubs to choose a number and that will be the band I select. Yes, I want things to be needlessly complicated.

It doesn't mean that they won't soon have three albums.

I have a shortlist that I will replace with names from this thread as they get used up. When my coin lands, I will get Dubs to choose a number and that will be the band I select. Yes, I want things to be needlessly complicated.

I've decided I'm going to do the same thing. I now have a shortlist of 10. 5 from the thread and 5 of my own.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Will Jessica Simpson ever be covered? she a gem of nothingness.

I know a few things I'd like to cover her in, and a podcast is not one of them.

It might be interesting if, every once in a while, you guys took a break from a band to discuss topics in music. Sort of like the old Reddick & Sims segment.

I wouldn't be against this, but probably on top of the regular show. I also had the idea of a "one-offs" series. Either a soundtrack, or a band that only had one album, or a musical project that had a single release (a la a Supergroup).

• 1 month later...

Please don't hurl things in my general direction, but would you two ever consider covering Green Day? I can understand if you don't want to because of BJA's general lack of any kind of guitar proficiency, but they were very influential, and I'd like to hear your opinions of their [de]evolution from pop punk to pop.