Valhalla: Chapter II: Pieces Start to Move

Metallo

Valhalla: Volume I

Chapter II : Pieces Start to Move

Written by: Reece Heinen

The forests of Feylund may seem peaceful and even enchanting to someone on the outside. However, you won't have to go in far to realize what a treacherous and brutal warzone it truly is. Elf mages struggle to keep the peace with threats like the troll Krug and the dark lord werewolf, Khosumet. Despite all this the elves succeeded until Sudema came. No one knew where this undead queen whose stare could turn you to stone came from. All they knew was that she must be defeated.

Marhana, the Elf Banisher at the time, formed an unlikely alliance with Khosumet and his wolf hordes. Wielding the Rod of Negation they clashed with Sudema in a battle that Feylund had never seen. Marhana used the Rod to negate Sudema's power, but Khosumet turned on the Banisher and killed her. Nobody on Feylund has seen Sudema for over twenty years, but there are always whispers that the undead shall rise once more...

On Valhalla Jandar and Sergeant Drake Alexander entered a large meeting room. A woman was waiting for them. She had wings like Jandar, but grey skin and blue clothing that covered most of her body. White silky hair hung past her shoulders.

"Good day, General Jandar." the woman greeted.

"Fine morning to you, Kelda." Jandar said smiling. "This is Drake Alexander. He's the soldier from Earth."

"Ah, I heard you might need some medical attention." Kelda said. She placed a hand on Drake's forehead and started to mumble incoherent words. Drake could feel all of his scars and bruises healing and looked at Kelda in a wordless thank you.

"Well, Sergeant, if you are going to fight you will need some weapons." Jandar stated. "I had some specially made for you. This is the Katana of Thorian." He placed the curved sword in Drake's hand. "Not only will it cut through your enemies, but it will grant you speed to make you an impossible target from afar." Drake held the blade in respect. "And that's not all. May I present Bleakwood's Grapple Gun." The large gun had a grapple hook attached to the end and an advanced targeting system.

"I cannot thank you enough for these gifts." Drake said.

"Thank me by fighting well on the frontlines." Jandar said. "That is all I ask for."

"Speaking of fighting," said a different voice. Another Kyrie with a winged helmet and a long spear stood in the doorway. "So this is the new recruit."

"Easy, Raelin." said Jandar. "Raelin was one of the first warriors to join my cause."

"And I will fight for you until the death, sir." Raelin shouted.

"Perfect. You will take Drake and Kelda out tomorrow on a training drill." Jandar instructed.

"It'll be great with little Miss Boot Camp." Drake muttered under his breath.

Earth- 2234: New York City was never dark and lights shone all throughout the night. Some were promotional ads, others were the lights in people's homes, but they all kept back the darkness. One building that wasn't lit wouldn't have drawn much attention in the daytime. It was a dull gray with almost no windows and no writing to indicate what function the building served.

Far inside the dull structure an African American man with no hair except a long pony tail adjusted his overcoat. Several more agents surrounded him with pistols.

"Carr, what's going on?" one of the gunman asked.

"It seems Mr. Valkrill has pulled our chain. Be on guard Krav Magas." Agent Carr said. The agents looked around the massive room they were in. Storage crates were stacked almost as high as the ceiling in parts and clearly defined hallways had been paved between the boxes.

A shrill war cry echoed throughout the warehouse. Carr pull a sword a third of the way out of its sheath and held his pistol up near his ear.

Suddenly, men with skin as dark as charcoal and long white hair leapt out of hiding with swords and shields. The Krav Maga agents fired desperately, but were sliced up when the drow got close.

Carr shot one of the freaks through the forehead and skewered another's guts with his sword before he noticed one drow hanging behind the others. It swung a metal chain around its head in a strange martial art. Carr smirked and raised his pistol to fire, but the drow whipped it out of his hand. Agent Carr held his blade up menacingly, but the chain fighter wrapped his chain around Carr's sword and pulled him forward. Before Carr could reach the crate the drow was on a black foot met his chest and he was left dangling from the chain. Agent Carr let go of the weapon and barely dodged the other end of the chain. He grabbed the other end and pulled the drow into close combat. The drow struggled to regain control of his chain, but one of Carr's fists cut him up at the jaw and he landed farther down one of the halls. Carr bent down to pick up his gun and shot his enemy through the heart before retrieving his sword.

He was surprised to see only a handful of Krav Magas left and they were getting beaten bad by the drow. Carr tried to run to help them, but a bright light struck him and his agents. The remaining drow were left in the room alone. Abruptly, a black portal opened.

"You are needed elsewhere, drow. Valkrill commands that you go to Valhalla." a dark voice commanded. The drow formed a line and walked into the portal before disappearing from sight.

Near one of the Dark Lakes in Valhalla Deltacron appeared. He held his arm up to the lake, scanning it with sensors.

"The wellspring must be at the bottom." the boy concluded. Suddenly, more portals opened and red robotic men surrounded Deltacron. One of them was especially huge.

"Hello, brother." the giant bellowed. Deltacron looked around in fear.

"Hello, Colossor." ...

To be continued...

Acknowledgements:

Heroscape is a creation of Hasbro and Wizards of the Coast

Deltacron & Colossor are Battle Ball custom figures

Agent Carr bio