Wii news

Missy

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't news, but I canceled my preorder. I just couldn't justify paying $300.00 just to play Zelda. There were other factors, but that was the big one.

I'm seriously considering it, too. With my root canal (this Friday), Jen's birthday (23 November), Christmas and a forthcoming Vegas holiday (January), I'm not sure I should be dropping $300-plus on a Wii and some games.

I was going to get both the Wii and the PS3, but I canceled both pre-orders. I decided to get myself an early Christmas present so I probably won't buy anything else until next year.

I never pre-order things. I also keep telling myself that I am not going to buy a Wii but, knowing Nintendo, the price will probably drop like thirty dollars with a game still packed in and I'll end up having one by next Christmas.

Don't get me wrong--I want one pretty badly, but staying a bit behind usually protects my already pained bank.

It originally was suppose to, but they took the feature out so they could keep it at $249.99. Their belief was that people already have several different forms of a DVD player, and the use of having another wasn't worth raising the cost of the system. If I remember correctly, I think that's why.

Gamestop finally got their Wii kiosk today and I got to play it for a few minutes. I think I made the right choice. The only game they had running was the driving game where you turn the Wiimote sideways and use it like a steering wheel. On my first race after never picking it up before, I got the high score. It's way too easy, and the graphics are hard to take after playing the 360 on a high def tv.

Strangely, WalMart has a PS3 kiosk, but you can't get anyone to give you the controller to play it, because they are too busy.

Gamestop finally got their Wii kiosk today and I got to play it for a few minutes. I think I made the right choice. The only game they had running was the driving game where you turn the Wiimote sideways and use it like a steering wheel. On my first race after never picking it up before, I got the high score. It's way too easy, and the graphics are hard to take after playing the 360 on a high def tv.

Show off. <_<

From Destructoid.com:

The guys over at Dustinsoftware.com have discovered a glitch in the Nintendo Wii version of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess that could prevent you from finishing the game. They created the above video of the glitch at work.

They discovered that after the player saves in the room with the big cannon that Link is unable to warp the cannon out of the room because the game claims a man is watching you still, but if you look around no one is there. If you try to leave the room, the man appears at the door and won't let you leave. You're stuck. You can't leave and you can't progress the storyline.

So for those playing Twilight Princess right now, don't save in the cannon room.

From Destructoid.com:

The guys over at Dustinsoftware.com have discovered a glitch in the Nintendo Wii version of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess that could prevent you from finishing the game. They created the above video of the glitch at work.

They discovered that after the player saves in the room with the big cannon that Link is unable to warp the cannon out of the room because the game claims a man is watching you still, but if you look around no one is there. If you try to leave the room, the man appears at the door and won't let you leave. You're stuck. You can't leave and you can't progress the storyline.

So for those playing Twilight Princess right now, don't save in the cannon room.

oops

How does a person lose their grip???

The strap itself is sturdy. The thin string tethering it to the Wiimote is not. This, coupled with sweaty palms and wild flailing of the controller, has caused several injuries and some property damage.

Hmmmm, I guess it's something the designers (and I for that matter) wouldn't have thought of, but is very basic. All these sport equipment they are emulating, all have grips on the handles. In the entire time I've played golf, tennis, squash, I think I've lost grip once. If I was playing with a plastic handle though, I guess I would have lost it a lot more.

They should be able to fix it fairly easily I guess, either by strengthening the tether, or adding a grip of some type to the sides.

It's not Nintendo's responsiblity to provide a strap though, and I think idiots who aren't actually being fucking careful are using the straps as an excuse. If Nintendo provided NO straps, would Nintendo actually get the blame? No, so ironically Nintendo are getting insulted for doing more than they should to protect people's posessions from idiocy.

I won't even wear my wriststrap when this thing ships. I guarantee you I will not break my remote or my TV. Guarantee you.

Yeah Jim, I think your being very narrow minded here. Like I mentioned above, any sort of grip device normally has an anti slip surface, not smooth shiny plastic.

Yoda, I would actually prefer they come with a grip instead of the strap and the fact it is an after market purchase, makes me think that they knew it could be a problem, but let it slide... (or slip :) )