Captain America: The Winter Soldier

JackFetch

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw it tonight. Spectacular. Chris Evans was tremendous and truly brought his A-game for this. I agree with everyone that it needed more Bucky, but he was still used very well.

I didn't know there was a second credits scene, so I only saw the one with

Wanda and Pietro

Just awesome on every level. I would definitely go see this again.

How many MCU movies have there been? And you still don't know to stay in your seat till till the lights come up? Shame on you.

Dude, have you ever drank a large movie soda during the preshow and then had to so with it for the last hour? So not fun and, let's face it, most of the after credit stuff so far in Phase 2 has been cheeky shenanigans at best. They've pulled out the guns for midcredit.

How many MCU movies have there been? And you still don't know to stay in your seat till till the lights come up? Shame on you.

Dude, have you ever drank a large movie soda during the preshow and then had to so with it for the last hour? So not fun

That's my abiding memory of going to see 'Eight Legged Freaks' in a cinema in Norwich with Pandy.

Dude, have you ever drank a large movie soda during the preshow and then had to so with it for the last hour? So not fun

That's my abiding memory of going to see 'Eight Legged Freaks' in a cinema in Norwich with Pandy.

The first time I went to Phantom Menace (remember, this is after a sixteen-year wait), I was seriously looking at the Gatorade bottle about halfway through.

I'm not sure what's funnier, the fact that Ian and Pandy went to Eight Legged Freaks, or that they were worried to miss anything when going to the bathroom?

"Wait a minute... how long has there been a giant spider in this movie???"

I'm not sure what's funnier, the fact that Ian and Pandy went to Eight Legged Freaks, or that they were worried to miss anything when going to the bathroom?

"Wait a minute... how long has there been a giant spider in this movie???"

I can't speak for Pandy, but I was highly invested in what would happen to David Arquette and Doug E. Doug.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally saw it Friday last week. About on par with the first Cap film, which in my opinion was pretty decent but not spectacular. This one had much better action and had a smarter plot, but also a few superfluous elements, the biggest of which was the Winter Soldier himself. Zola's return and HYDRA's plan were pretty cool, but none of the antagonists measured up to Weaving's Red Skull.

One more quibble: Why would the Air and Space Museum house a Captain America exhibit? That would be much more at home at the National Museum of American History. How did that not irk you, Ian?

Now I envision Pandy being the president of the Doug E. Doug fan club, writing letters to studios asking why they didnt cast him in certain movie parts despite being the correct age.

Every month I e-mail 'For Better or Worse' about the casting of Doug E.Doug. Every month snubbed.

We're not women: we can (and did) pee separately when visiting the cinema!