Captain America: The Winter Soldier

JackFetch

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well in the first movie he didn't need to hide his identity, a mask makes much more sense here if he's an international assassin. I guess the domino mask never did in the original Winter Soldier story either, since Steve recognised him anyway.

Good point, and since he wasn't Bucky the wonder in the film there's no need to retain that element. Domino masks don't work in films anyway, especially not the Marvel ones. They just come across as pointless. Does mean they're going to add some big unveiling scene with the Soldier though, it won't just be Cap spotting him across the rooftops.

I wonder who's pulling the strings here. Crossbones, Batroc the Leaper and Zola are confirmed, so I'm presuming it's Zola, but I'm wondering if that character translates as a big bad. Toby Jones can do it (as seen in Dr Who) but Zola himself was a tad snivelling. It'd be like having Starscream be the big bad in a transformers movie. I'm half suspecting that Redford will turn out to be using Winter Soldier to discredit Nick Fury and get the top job for himself.

Also guessing that Zola is the one who finds and mindwipes Bucky, hiring him out as a killer for decades, possibly to the Russians.

Also guessing that Zola is the one who finds and mindwipes Bucky, hiring him out as a killer for decades, possibly to the Russians.

I think he already brainwashed him. We never saw what happened to Bucky on Zola's table before Cap rescued him.

Sleeper agent.

I think he already brainwashed him. We never saw what happened to Bucky on Zola's table before Cap rescued him.

Sleeper agent.

Maybe it started there but someone has to give him a metal arm and set him up as this new persona. Winter Soldier's whole deal is that he's an assassin for the Soviets and later a hired gun with no will of his own. Sleeper agent implies he has a life and personality that is undermined by programming when he gets a trigger phrase or something, but he really doesn't. He only realised who he was in the comics when Cap used the cosmic cube on him.

Not that this can't be changed around a little but programming him, dumping him off a bridge and then setting him up as a brainwashed assassin seems redundant. The original programming never had time to have any effect.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...