Xbox 360 news

Missy

Redmond, Washington—Microsoft is giving consumers more gigabytes for their buck. The company today announced an Xbox 360® console with triple the storage space of the original console, but for the same price of $349 (U.S.) estimated retail price.

Available in retail stores in the U.S. and Canada starting in early August, the upgraded Xbox 360 will include a 60GB hard drive for storing the growing wealth of digital entertainment available for the console, including music, movies, television shows, and game content. In addition, Microsoft today dropped the price of its 20GB Xbox 360 console in the U.S. and Canada to just $299 (U.S.) (ERP) while supplies last, a savings of $50.

"We know consumers need more and more space to store the amazing digital content Xbox 360 offers, and we're giving it to them at no extra charge," said Albert Penello, Xbox director of product management at Microsoft. "No one device offers the depth and breadth of entertainment that Xbox 360 can deliver, and now you'll have three times the storage to manage all that great content."

Xbox 360 is just one of three Xbox 360 gaming and entertainment systems Microsoft offers. Microsoft's Xbox 360 Arcade, which comes with a 256MB memory unit and five Xbox LIVE Arcade games, is a value for the whole family for $279 (U.S.) (ERP), and the premium Xbox 360 Elite console is available with a 120GB hard drive for $449 (U.S.) (ERP).

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"We know consumers need more and more space to store the amazing digital content Xbox 360 offers, and we're giving it to them at no extra charge,"

Since they're giving it away at no charge, that means I can go trade my 20GB hard drive for one of these new 60 giggers, right?

Man, the one thing Sony did right with the PS3 was their non-proprietary HDD format...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A nice rumor:

September 25th, Microsoft will take over basic cable channel G4 with a five-hour infomercial, culminating in the launch of the New Xbox Experience at midnight. The arrival of the new look and feel for the Xbox 360's dashboard will also bring with it three totally new services, six free games and twelve new exclusives.

• 1 month later...

Microsoft had a press conference at the Tokyo Game Show and here is what has been announced:

The Last Remnant will release November 20th.

Star Ocean: The Lost Hope will come out March 3rd in the US.

Resident Evil 5 will come out March 12.

99 Night 2 will come out on the Xbox 360.

Tekken 6 will come out on the Xbox 360 Fall 2009.

Halo Wars coming early 2009

Halo 3: Recon prologue with a different character coming Fall 2009.

Live Arcade games:

Space Invaders/ Space Invaders Extreme

Arkanoid Live

Metal Slug 7

The King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match

R-Type

The New Xbox Experience is complete and will be launching November 19th.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

New Avatar clothes have been released:

For the guys, we now have:

Pixel Art Hoodie

Rave Baseball Cap

Dark Purple Jeans

Green Skinny Fit Jeans

Pink Sweat Bands

The ladies have these new items available:

Green Chunky Ring

Red Chunky Ring

Yellow Fingerless Gloves

Blue Fingerless Gloves

Chunky Beaded Bracelet

Day-glo Zebra Print Pumps

Rave Baseball Cap

If you ask me, it all sounds like it's for the ladies. Pink sweat bands and skinny jeans? :shakehead:

• 3 months later...
Starting in May, keep an eye out for the Xbox 360 Game of the Year bundle. This limited edition bundle will contain an Xbox 360 Elite and a copy of the award winning titles Halo 3 and Fable II for US $ 399. That’s the normal Elite Price plus two games at no additional cost. Check your local retailer for availability.

Available everywhere except Europe.

After much gnashing of teeth, I was finally moved to upgrade my HDD to the 120gb model. Bastards, asking $150 for that much space when I can get a TB for less than a hundred...

Happily, I've noticed a significant improvement in the speed of my console since the addition.

• 1 month later...
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer spoke at the Executive's Club of Chicago today, informing attendees that a new Xbox 360 will arrive in 2010, one equipped with a "natural interface" and built-in camera.

http://kotaku.com/5295898/report-microsoft...rriving-in-2010

In other words, Natal will come with the new systems. I wonder what actual hardware changes will be made to the 360?