Xbox 360 news

Missy

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it wrong for me to not like the idea of Natal? I wished they would just continue releasing games for the 360, the system seems absolutely perfect to me, I love it, I'm not ready for Natal.

That's the consensus from most hardcore gamers. I predict that Natal will be a bigger flop (as far as hardcore gaming is concerned) than the Wii remote.

My money's on the PS3 motion controller, since it actually has seemingly perfect one-to-one motion, and doesn't do away with actual buttons, triggers, and analog sticks.

They can come out with as many motion sensors that they want, the market still exists for the traditional contoller and they're not going anywhere. There's a reason a lot of Wii games involve people just holding their remotes sideways.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Guinness World Records, the global authority on record breaking, today confirm that the Kinect for the Xbox 360 is the Fastest-Selling Consumer Electronics Device. The hardware, that allows controller-free gaming, sold through an average of 133,333 units per day, for a total of 8 million units in its first 60 days on sale from 4 November 2010 to 3 January 2011.

The sales figures outstrip both the iPhone and the iPad for the equivalent periods after launch.

Gaz Deaves, Editor of Guinness World Records 2011 Gamer’s Edition, said: “The sales figures here speak for themselves. We can confirm that no other consumer electronics device sold faster within a 60-day time span, an incredible achievement considering the strength of the sector.”

The new record will be included in the next Guinness World Records Gamer’s Edition, which recognises record breaking achievement in the world of videogames. The current Guinness World Records 2011 Gamer's Edition is available in both book and eBook versions at http://gamers.guinnessworldrecords.com.

http://community.guinnessworldrecords.com/_Kinect-Confirmed-As-Fastest-Selling-Consumer-Electronics-Device/blog/3376939/7691.html

Hmm. I wonder if maybe it has to do with the fact that it didn't sell out at launch?

Other fast-selling electronics, like the Wii and iPhone, had extreme shortages at their launches.

The regular 150.00 non bundle version was almost impossible to find at launch. I only got one because the guy at Walmart didn't know what it was and never put it on the shelf. The bundles were everywhere.

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I guess consoles are like cell phones now.

Along with a 2-year Xbox Live Gold membership at $14.99 a month, a 4GB Xbox 360 with Kinect can be picked up for $99. The membership fee will be charged monthly to your credit or check card, so the total amount is not due when you pick up the console from a Microsoft Store.

If you jump on the offer and choose to quit before your two years is up, an early termination fee will be enforced, with the amount adjusted depending on how long you have subscribed.

The current deal is a promotional offer and may not stick around for long, so you'll want to act quickly if you've been looking to get Microsoft's console on the cheap.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/07/microsoft-announces-99-xbox-360-with-subscription?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social