Xbox 360 news

Missy

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Got the download, don't notice any differnce.

Also, £20 for old games I can get for 8 at the most, yeah, I think f-off MS.

It's the start of digital downloading of full games for the 360. It opens the door for new releases going downloadable. The game companies are tired of not getting any of the used game market money. Moving games to download kills Gamestop's profits.

Got the download, don't notice any differnce.

Also, £20 for old games I can get for 8 at the most, yeah, I think f-off MS.

It's the start of digital downloading of full games for the 360. It opens the door for new releases going downloadable. The game companies are tired of not getting any of the used game market money. Moving games to download kills Gamestop's profits.

Hurts, yes, but doesn't exactly kill, especially at such an early stage. Considering the fact that most of the installed user base don't have their systems connected to the internet, it's going to be a while, probably another generation or two off, before stores like Gamestop really start to suffer.

I have major issues with the industry going download only in the future anyway, but that's a rant for another day.

The problem with these full-on digital downloads is how incredibly fucked Microsoft's current DRM scheme is. Until they fix that, I'll just stick to the physical discs, thanks.

One day you won't have a choice. It's not just Microsoft either. Steam makes it so you have to be online to play anything you download which is a pain in the ass. There is also OnLive coming. One day when everyone has broadband, disc based games won't exist.

The problem with these full-on digital downloads is how incredibly fucked Microsoft's current DRM scheme is. Until they fix that, I'll just stick to the physical discs, thanks.

One day you won't have a choice. It's not just Microsoft either. Steam makes it so you have to be online to play anything you download which is a pain in the ass. There is also OnLive coming. One day when everyone has broadband, disc based games won't exist.

My steam certainly doesn't. If I've downloaded it, activated it (if required) and not trying to play multiplayer then the computer requires no internet.

• 2 weeks later...

My steam certainly doesn't. If I've downloaded it, activated it (if required) and not trying to play multiplayer then the computer requires no internet.

Ok, I just checked again, and there is an option to play offline, but there shouldn't be any nag screen from Steam at all. It shouldn't matter if I'm online or off. Just start the damn game.

August 25, 2009 - Microsoft has yet to make any official announcement regarding a price cut for the XBox 360. Many believed the company would try and steal a little of Sony's thunder at gamescom last week when the Playstation 3 Slim was revealed along with a new $299 price point.

But since then, several retail catalogs and spy photos have been popping up over the internet, detailing new SKU packaging, pricing, and bundles for the Xbox 360. The price cut is expected to be implemented on August 30 when these catalogs hit your mailbox.

It's all rather confusing, so we're throwing everything into one place so buyers know where to go and what to get. Keep in mind, however, all of these are still unconfirmed.

Elite unit no longer comes with a HDMI cable

If this ad from Walmart is to be taken seriously, Microsoft's new Elite unit is anything but. Gone is the highly coveted HDMI cable and replaces with a composite. No, there's no component cable, either. However, you can always hope over to monoprice and pick one up for around $6.

Pro Unit Goes Bye-Bye

The new Arcade and Elite packages reveal the Pro unit is now being phased out. Permanently. Retailers will be selling any and all left over Pro units for $249.99, though.

Halo 3 SKU is for Canada only

Perhaps one of the best bundle deals we've ever seen. For $349.99 (Canadian), you get an Elite unit with both Halo 3 and a wireless adapter. They're apparently being sold at The Source, a Circuit City affiliate, according to Joystiq.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/101/1018118p1.html

• 1 month later...

Isn't really news but.

When I tried to download the brutal legend demo from Live, it said it was "Gold member exclusive" and I could upgrade to gold right now if i wanted to, I didn't want to, and don't.

I can't get any other demo, except that one. I understand the "Offers for gold 25% off Arcade Classic" but this is just shit to me, I'm not getting gold cause I haven't played an online game this year.

So instead of trying the demo and thinking it's awesome, and getting the game when it's released, I'll wait to hear what other people think, and get it for £20 in a year or two.

Microsoft announced five games that are being added to their Platinum Hits line today, and the list includes some heavy hitters for cheap if you haven't tried them already. The titles included are Grand Theft Auto 4, Street Fighter 4, Left 4 Dead, Saints Row 2, and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. Each game will receive a Platinum Hits box and be priced at $19.99 when those copies reach stores.

Microsoft also teases that some retailers will be offering a buy-2, get-1 free promotion alongside the release of the new titles. Potentially, you could fill three gaps in your gaming curriculum for less than the cost of one regular-priced Xbox 360 game.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3176380

In all honesty, by the time I can afford to re-buy a 360, it will be time for Caffeine Free Diet Super Street Fighter 4: Champion Edition.

It's just nice to know that I'll be able to afford some games when the time comes.

In all honesty, by the time I can afford to re-buy a 360, it will be time for Caffeine Free Diet Super Street Fighter 4: Champion Edition.

I believe it's going to be called Super Street Fighter 4: The New Challengers Hyper Fighting Championship Edition Turbo Ultra-HD Remix - Gold Edition.

And I'm with ya on the re-buying a 360 thing. I'm saving for a PS3 first, but when the time comes (when Microsoft finally fixes the console-breaking bugs and there are enough games that I won't mind paying for Live), I'll get another 360.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...