Ace Combat 5

Pablo Molinero

I finished this game about a week ago, and am already itching to play it over again already. This game is amazing, it has all the aspects of a true classic. The core gameplay is great, it's got tons of different types of missions in the campaign so it dosen't just feel like "Go here, blow everything up" thirty times over. The controls are superb, but it's not like there would be any way to screw them up anyways, it's a flight game, for cryin' out loud...

As expected, the graphics are stunning. What can I say, the cutscenes are so beautiful, they rival that of Square-Enix's. Which leads me to the biggest suprise that makes this game so great: the story. The voice acting is superb and the story sucked me in and had me playing for eight-hour periods. As corny and cliche as it sounds, I truly cared about the lives of my co-pilots. Unfortunately, the game didn't last too long, I beat it in only 3 days, which was its only true weakness.

9.5/10

Well, if anyone else has this game, feel free to discuss, but I feel I'm the only person that even cares about this game. For anyone who is remotely interested in this genre, this is the game to get.