Taken 2

JackFetch

Taken 2 will open on Friday, October 5, 2012.

Liam Neeson returns as Bryan Mills, the retired CIA agent with a particular set of skills who stopped at nothing to save his daughter Kim from Albanian kidnappers. When the father of one of the kidnappers swears revenge, and takes Bryan and his wife hostage during their family vacation in Istanbul, Bryan enlists Kim to help them escape, and uses the same advanced level of special forces tactics to get his family to safety and systematically take out the kidnappers one by one.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=83130#ixzz1abaXySwb

Love that this blatantly unfranchiseable film is getting a sequel. All Taken is is 24 that's been stuck in a juicer so it fits into 90 minutes. I'm guessing by the third film he'll be rescuing his long lost son and by the fourth he'll be saving the president's daughter with the help of sassy sidekick Kenan Thompson.

Taken was a middle of the road action movie with a hilariously daft premise and Liam Neeson speaking very quickly in hushed tones. It was the embodiment of the old action film trope of "I want my daughter back". Arnie, Jack Bauer and a thousand other film heroes beat them to it already.

It was fun though.