Episode 75

RSS

With only a few minor spoilers, the guys briefly discuss "The Wedding of River Song." Then a listener tells a tale of a Doctor Who-related prank that nearly went wrong. As for the two stories, first, in "Warriors of the Deep," the Silurians and Sea Devils are back, and are up to their old man-eradicating ways. And in "The Awakening," a long-buried alien force takes control of a village during a reenactment of the English Civil War. Mixed in with the green paint of the Myrka are lots of truly random references, often to better programming. Note: The duo experienced Internet issues during the recording, leading to some less-than-desirable bits of audio. [ 1:08:21 || 32.9 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/biggerontheinside/episodes/bigger_075.mp3

Truth be told, the date is mentioned in the story. Furthermore. until "The Awakening," I didn't even know there was an English Civil War.

As for the quote being from Robin Hood, it makes The Doctor that much cooler. I can somehow imagine Doctor Five as Robin Hood.

Truth be told, the date is mentioned in the story. Furthermore. until "The Awakening," I didn't even know there was an English Civil War.

As for the quote being from Robin Hood, it makes The Doctor that much cooler. I can somehow imagine Doctor Five as Robin Hood.

TBH we had several civil wars, although THE English Civil War (as it led to a reigning monarch being beheaded) was essentially 1642-1651 and is used to describe three major outbreaks of war, all of which the English Parliament won thanks to Oliver Cromwell being a vicious bast...general.

I can see Davison as Robin Hood more than I can most other actors, although that's more because everyone else (except maybe Smith) would have been awful.

Mightily impressed that Mike knew that 1643 was pretty much the conflict nexus of the English Civil War!

That being said, that exchange you're so fond of ("You speak treason!" "Fluently") is lifted directly from Errol Flynn's "Adventures of Robin Hood"

JUst so you can see for yourselves. This movie was big at our house and we quote it quite often. When I first saw the Awakening and heard that line I think I squealed

It's at 2:30, give or take.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Evof-iVDOwQ