Sign in to follow this  
The Master

Grand Theft Auto V

I hope they go back to San Andreas, i think that was the best game. on screwattack.com they said they heard from an inside source that it was going to be LA, if it's only going to be LA that would be kind of stupid

Yeah, IV wasn't great. But I'll say this for it, it was still better than the so-called alternatives. The only openworld game I played that was in it's class in the last 3 years was Red Dead Redemption. I tried Saints Row and didn't love it. I completed Crackdown but that was pretty formulaic and went to shit with the second game. I guess Assassin's Creed is a game I put a lot into as an openworld environment, but even that's more narrow in what you can do than the Rockstar games.

I too hope for a return to San Andreas. The terretory technique, the wide open spaces, the variety it offered everything was excellent. Everything from petty local crime-wars to Area 51 and James Bond shit. That's what GTA should be. Or if it's going to be serious, it needs to be serious in a post-Wire kind of way, not in a half-assed buddy movie kind of way.

San Andreas is one of my favourite games of all time, yet I never got round to getting GTAIV, let alone play it.

The video keeps crashing for me. I'll have to wait for the video to appear on YouTube.

Edit: Youtube link. Still getting used to the new forum layout to link Youtube stuff. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFgAFH9ZEpU&feature=feedu

After GTA IV, I'm pessimistic, I'm sure the game will look nice, but I'm going to rent it, before I decide if it's worth shelling out £40-£50 on.

I like it. San Andreas always had the most potential of any of the games given it's scope, so I'm glad they're going back. I also vastly preferred the storyline in San Andreas to GTA IV, and whilst I don't think it's mandatory to repeat the gang motif I'd like to have that as something to revisit at some point. The giant sun-drenched Calafornia setting should be awesome for this.

I'm consistantly amazed that people can be excited for Grand Theft Auto games in a world where Saint's Row exists.

I'm consistantly amazed that people can be excited for Grand Theft Auto games in a world where Saint's Row exists.

Nothing to add, these words just needed to appear onscreen again.

I'm currently playing Saint's Row IV and it's getting me in the GTA mood. It kind of snuck up on me, but the game went gold today and is coming out in a few weeks. I pre-ordered it today.

I'm currently playing Saint's Row IV and it's getting me in the GTA mood. It kind of snuck up on me, but the game went gold today and is coming out in a few weeks. I pre-ordered it today.

I'm the same, with playing Saints Row and now thinking about GTA. My worry is, the game will be the exact same as 4. Pretty looking, but just not very enjoyable to actually play.

The online stuff is going to be pretty good I think. Also, switching between different characters at any time is going to make it feel like a whole new game.

Watching people play this early is making me believe this is the greatest game ever made. There is so much to do, and it has the most realistic ocean I've ever seen. The blowback is going to be huge though, especially when people see the

torture scene

I reserved it because it basically sounds like replayability incarnate. And I haven't played a GTA since 3.

I'm going to have to stay off of gaming sites for the next week or so. Nothing like reading endless comments from people that haven't played the game that are outraged at anyone that had the sheer audacity to not give GTAV a perfect score.

God, I hate what game reviews have become.