Snow White and the Huntsman

Directed by Rupert Sanders, the epic action-adventure stars Kristen Stewart as the only person in the land fairer than the evil queen (Oscar® winner Charlize Theron), who is out to destroy her. But what the wicked ruler never imagined is that the young woman threatening her reign has been training in the art of war with a huntsman (Chris Hemsworth) who was dispatched to kill her. Sam Claflin joins the cast as the prince long enchanted by Snow White's beauty and power.

swhbannerbigw.jpg

• 6 months later...

When it comes to Summer Movies, I have five tiers. Tier one is seeing in the theater at midnight. Tier two is seeing the the theater sometime opening week. Tier three is seeing at the Drive-in with something else, partially because it's cheaper and to make fun of it. Tier four is wait for video. Tier five is don't bother. I can honestly say, after watching some clips on io9 today, I'm going to put this movie as a tier 3.

I have a tier system too- Don't ever watch, rent when it's cheap, rent straight after it's available, watch in cinema, watch multiple times in Cinema.

After seeing trailers it's in the rent when it's cheap category, although good reviews might upgrade it to rent when available. Plus there's always the x-factor of what my friends/a girl might want to go see.

Well I don't get the Stewart inner beauty thing either? I understand them wanting quirky attractive to go with the story line, I just don't get the Stewart appeal especially compared with Theron. Maybe someone like Mary Elizabeth Winstead, she did quirky hot pretty well in Scott Pilgrim? Hell even Anna Kendrick would have been interesting.

Well I don't get the Stewart inner beauty thing either? I understand them wanting quirky attractive to go with the story line, I just don't get the Stewart appeal especially compared with Theron. Maybe someone like Mary Elizabeth Winstead, she did quirky hot pretty well in Scott Pilgrim? Hell even Anna Kendrick would have been interesting.

I approve of the idea of every movie ever made being done with the cast of Scott Pilgrim.

• 4 weeks later...

I just watched it. The last shot of her standing there in what is supposed to be a triumphant moment, and she is looking around like she doesn't know what she's doing sums up her acting to me.

It wasn't a horrible movie, and everyone else was great in it. She just looks like a kid playing dress up with adults.

I approve of the idea of every movie ever made being done with the cast of Scott Pilgrim.

I don't think I could handle that much Michael Cera. More Wallace though please.

• 2 months later...

Snow White is out of a job. Universal Pictures has decided to scrap their plans for a sequel to last June's Snow White and the Huntsman. Instead, they're gearing up for a spinoff that will focus more on her ax-wielding companion.

According to a Universal spokesperson, "The studio is currently exploring options to continue the franchise." Unfortunately, those options will have nothing to do with Kristen Stewart. They're shifting toward a Huntsman movie, and the actress won't be asked back. All the focus will be on the Chris Hemsworth character.

Up until recently, a Snow White and the Huntsman followup was secure with Stewart, Hemsworth and director Rupert Sanders expected to return. But now that's not the case. Stewart's out, and it's unclear whether Sanders will still be involved.

David Koepp was originally hired to write the sequel, but is being settled out of his contract. They're currently looking for someone new to take the series in another direction. In the beginning, the plan was to make two Snow White-centric films, followed by a Huntsman spinoff. But as you can see, they've flipped the script.

Universal hasn't fully explained why Stewart was given the boot. But considering recent events, we can take a wild guess.

http://blastr.com/2012/08/snow-white-not-the-faires.php

Yeah, that would have been pretty awkward to have her and the director working together again. It's funny that she goes from the highest paid actress in Hollywood to a social pariah in a month. She's probably asking herself how Angelina Jolie got away with it and still had a career.

Cause Jolie was actually talented?

See, here's the thing. When Jolie had her affair with Pitt, she had the proven ability to make bank (and that she was fairly talented on top of it probably didn't hurt, either). Yeah, she'd probably take a bit of a hit, but she'd go on to make other movies and be able to bounce back from this.

Stewart? All she has going for her are the Twilight movies, and those are ending. And I think the real question is can she make bank beyond them? As I understand it, Snow White and the Huntsman was her first real attempt to prove that she could do movies beyond Twilight, cause looking at her filmography, that's the only movie besides Twilight where she actually has a major role. And she went and fucked the director at the very least, at worst ended up having an affair that ruined at least one relationship and put an already unsolid marriage on further on the rocks (I've been following this on ONTD. It's like crack.), and possibly hurt Sanders' career (this was his first film) . If that's how their star is going to behave, then really, I don't blame Universal for dropping her off of that sequel. And as for Twilight, fans will go see Breaking Dawn p2 because it's the last movie, but after that, she's pretty much dead to them (the fanbase is a LOT more loyal to Pattinson than her, especially after this).

So yeah, she probably fucked her career pretty good over this.

ME: I was actually thinking that I'd like to go someplace where all the possible iterations of fangirl squeeing over Robert Pattinson, David Tennant, Benedict Cumberbatch, My Little Pony, Game of Thrones and John Barrowman are just collected in a big pile.

THE INTERNET: I have some Tumblr for you.

ME: ... this is frightening but I can't look away.