Wolverine v Freddy

Missy

Who wins...?  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Please pardon any typos in the description. Computer problems kept me up all night, so I didn't get a chance to write it until a few hours ago and I'm too sleepy to properly proofread it at the moment. Corrections will be made later.

At the end of the day, this is a psychic battle, on the astral plane. Wolverine is used t physical confrontations, but not psychic ones.

Freddy, having fought another enemy (Jason) with regenerative powers, realizes what he's dealing with and takes Logan apart. Ripped to shreds and left for dead, Logan takes weeks to heal this time.

Freddy wins.

Aftermath: Wolverine escapes Springfield, heads back to X-Men HQ and explains what is going on. Professor X, Pheonix, Emma Frost, and Psylocke head to Springfield to take Freddy down. Kruger, facing four psychics that are each more powerful than he, has no chance and is destroyed once and for all.

Wolverine shoves his claws through Kreuger's chest and he keels over. Kreuger immediately gets back up, coughing up blood. He does the same thing to Logan, but Logan just glares at him, grabs Kreuger's head and smashes it on his adamantium-laced kneecap. Kreuger is stunned and Logan slices and dices for several seconds until all that's left is a bloody pile of charred skin and organs. Thinking he's won, Wolverine begins to look around for a way out of this dream world. Unbeknownst to him, Freddy has already regenerated and quickly wraps his claws around Logan's neck from behind, and, making a short series of swipes, severs his carotid artery and jugular. Wolverine collapses in a bloody heap. Kreuger laughs and quips, "Aw, and I thought Jason was the only one I'd have to drown..." He walks away and leaves Logan for dead. Wolverine gains enough consciousness to stumble away from the hotel and heals slowly as he walks away, defeated and unable to avenge Jubilee's death. He will never be able to forgive himself.

I don't want to do a big story, but generally, I think Wolvie would lose this confrontation, but he's got the ace of a ton of friendly, powerful mentalists and psychically powered mutants that can probably have thier way with even Freddy.

Now, if this were NOT happening in Dream World, if Freddy could manifest himself in the physical, even with his regeneration, well, we've seen Wolvie come back from a hell of a lot. Whole lotta Snikting going on. And I don't think Freddy's well is unbeatable.

/is not a giant wolfie fan, likes Freddy, but this isn't a fair fight

//like this set up a ton more then Thor/Sups

Basically, mine would go the exact same way as James' story. In this scenario, I don't even think Batman could beat Freddy.

Batman would whip up some kind of a device that interferes with psychic powers. More than likely, he's already got something like that to take down Martian Manhunter. He simply uses it on Freddy instead.

Batman beats Freddy, but Wolverine would need help.

Wait... so a human with no extra powers can beat Freddy, but the nigh-indestructible Wolverine can't...?

I already explained why Batman would beat Freddy, while Wolverine cannot.

:toothy:

Wait... so a human with no extra powers can beat Freddy, but the nigh-indestructible Wolverine can't...?

I already explained why Batman would beat Freddy, while Wolverine cannot.

:toothy:

But with the whole thing not having to stay in the dream world, Logan could very easily win. Shit, even in the dream world, you have to fear Freddy to give him the power he needs to destroy you. Wolverine knows no fear, especially when he's gone all bezerker. With that lack of fear, he could feasibly manifest his own set of powers in the dream world, a la the kids in NOES 3: Dream Warriors. He's already damn near indestructable, like Yoda said, but in addition to that, he's not afraid of Freddy, and with the addition of whatever dream powers that Logan has in his head, this could be a quick lights out for Freddy, in the dream world or not.

Guest Preston

Wolvie charges Freddy and takes another shot from the glove to the chest.

Difference is... this one wakes him up, whilst he's contacting Freddy.

Freddy is pulled into the real world. And is very really ripped apart by a very pissed off Wolverine.

I think everyone makes the great point here of the fact that you have to FEAR Freddy to go down to him...and honestly I don't picture Logan fearing anyone, let alone Freddy.

Given those circumstances and the fact that Logan can bring him into the real world, this is EASILY Wolverine's easy win.

Something to ponder: Since the Dream World is a psychic realm and since Freddy has control of the Dream World, he theoretically can read minds. Therefore he'd be able to find Logan's deepest fear, which is Cyber, the adamantium skinned mutant. Knowing this, Freddy could make himself look and act just like the deceased mercenary. Would then he be able to make Wolverine fear him?

Fueled by his blind rage at the man who killed Jubilee, Wolverine continues to come at Krueger. Freddy is amazed at how much punishment this man can take and starts to try a less direct method of killing him. As Wolverine charges at Freddy the room suddenly changes to a deserted graveyard and Wolverine hesitates to take in the new surroundings. " I aint afraid of no boneyard, Bub. Now come get yer medicin...." Wolverine sudenly stops as he sees that Jubilee is standing in front of him. Shes naked and bloody. She asks him how he could let this happen, he was supposed to protect her and he let her down. His claws slowly retract intop his hands as he stands there, unable to move. What is unknown to Wolverine and even Freddy at this time is that while fighting Freddy in his dream Wolverine had started to sleepwalk and blindly slash at objects around the room. Now confronted by Jubilee, Wolverine stands in the middle of his room just as he is in his dream. Back in the dream world Jubilee walks toward Wolverine. She continues to ask him why he let her down as five long knives slowly come out of the end of her fingers. Meanwhile behind Wolverine a grave opens up to reveal a deep dark hole with water at the bottom. Wolverine still stands motionless when he feels wetness on his hands he looks down and realizes he has been crying this whole time. He looks up wanting to apologize to her but is met by the smiling face of Freddy. Regret quickly turns to rage but Freddy is to quick and slashes Wolverine, who stumbles back into the grave. As Wolverine trys to keep his balance, Freddy suddenly dives at Wolvie with the full intent of sealing him into the grave and drowning him. Freddy hits Wolverine in the chest and Wolverine grabs ahold of him as they both fall into the grave. Meanwhile back in his hotel room Wolverine falls backward towards the floor. As he hits the floor he lands on his bag and there is a loud breaking of glass. In the dream world Wolverine suddenly feels pain in his back and shoulders and starts to wake up just as he and Freddy hit the water. Wolverine opens his eyes and is now laying in his hotel room and since he had ahlod of Freddy, he is there as well. Wolverine is still holding onto the front of Freddys shirt with Freddy on top of him. As Freddy pulls back his claws to strike there is a loud SNKKKT in the room. Freddy looks down to see all of Wolvies claws are sticking right into his chest. Freddy looks up in shock as Wolverine kicks him straight back into the wall. Freddy stumbles to his feet to see Wolverine charging right at him. Unable to react in time Freddy is catches a three of wolverines claws right across his throat. Freddy falls in a heap across the floor. Emotionally and physically drained, Wolverine walks across the room and sits down next to his bag. Looking down he sees broken glass sticking up through the fabric. He opens the bag to see that what he had fallen on and ultimately woke him up was a framed picture of him and Jubilee. He gathers his things and heads home.

Something to ponder: Since the Dream World is a psychic realm and since Freddy has control of the Dream World, he theoretically can read minds. Therefore he'd be able to find Logan's deepest fear, which is Cyber, the adamantium skinned mutant. Knowing this, Freddy could make himself look and act just like the deceased mercenary. Would then he be able to make Wolverine fear him?

Or he could turn into Magneto (pre-enraged Xavier mindwipe). But Cyber would work.

I could really see this going either way. On a different day, I might choose Logan.

Just tied it up in Wolverine's favor. Wolverine goes totally bugfuck nuts on Freddy in the dreamworld, drags him out to reality by accident, and then goes totally bugfuck nuts on him in the real world.

By the way, am I the only one here who wondered why Jubilee had to die? :(