X-Men: Days of Future Past

Koete

I'm just saying that it is likely the most talked about and exploited for monetary gain event in the past 50 years. It seems odd that an ad for the X-Men movie is the cross to die on, you know?

WW2 was far more horrific and they still make movies about that. Shit, there have been 3 or 4 huge budget movies about 9/11. It happens. It shouldn't be tossed out because a few people would be upset.

And the Holocaust was a series of very specific and horrendous events. It took place in many different places and affected a relatively huge percentage of human kind. So maybe it isn't a very apt connection, but not in the way that you mentioned.

People who were alive and heavily affected by the Kennedy assassination are about as likely to visit a viral ad website for an X-Men movie as my grandfather was to go and see Saving Private Ryan. So I don't think there's anything to worry about there. Everybody else should develop some thicker skin.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder how much she got paid to not be in the movie? It must not have been much because Fox would make sure she's in there somewhere if they paid her a lot of money. There is nothing the suits hate more than not getting their money's worth. Believe it or not there are some people that won't see it because she's not in it. That's lost ticket sales. I just don't see what they get from announcing it this early.

• 3 weeks later...

And how is Patrick Stewart not atoms after the third movie. Must be alternative reality stuff.

Not quite, it was touched upon in the post credits sequence of The Wolverine. And as Will notes:

Patrick Stewart stole a comatose guy's body in the after credit sequence of the third one.

How that guy morphs back into Patrick Stewart I don't know, but I'll add it to my "loose thread" checklist when I go and see this movie.

How that guy morphs back into Patrick Stewart I don't know, but I'll add it to my "loose thread" checklist when I go and see this movie.

Xavier had an identical twin that he accidentally mind-wiped while still in the womb. They kept the body around in case Charles needed it one day. I am NOT making that up, it's what actually happened according to the DVD commentary of The Last Stand.

It was apparently meant to be taken seriously. This is how I figure the conversation went:

"Hey, we could have Xavier survive by telepathically transferring his mind into another body!"

"So he just takes over somebody else's body?"

"No no, like... a brain-dead body or something."

"Ah. Ohhhh! What if we said it was his twin brother? If they were related, it would make more sense as to how he could do that."

"Yeah, cause, like, the mutant gene and all that. Right. So maybe the twin brother was a vegetable?"

"Sure. Like, maybe Charles accidentally mind-wiped his brother when they were in the womb together."

"Perfect. Let's go grab Patrick and film it."

And nobody thought at any point, "So... they just kept the body of this brain-dead baby alive for, what, 60+ years? Just in case Charles needed a new place to crash?"