Episode 03.02: Smash and Ixnay on the Hombre

RSS

Hey, Dropped D listeners! Did you think, like others, that perhaps last episode was light in the tangent department? Well, this is the episode for you! They went on a long tangent before recording, began the episode on a long tangent, and indulged in several tangents of varying length during the episode. In fact, as you listen to this right now, Desmond and Damien are still having a lengthy conversation about Art Deco architectural style on the west coast of North America. They both think it's quite droll. See you next time! Also: Smash and Ixnay on the Hombre are the two albums being discussed this week. [ 2:27:15 || 71.0 MB ]

To listen, click here: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/droppedd/episodes/droppedd_003-02.mp3

"Self Esteem" was never a huge favorite of mine (I think because it was overplayed to hell on local rock stations), but I still liked it all the same. "Come Out and Play" is far and away my favorite Offspring song. It's also one of my personal favorites to play on Rock Band. "Gotta Get Away" is another personal favorite, and is definitely in my top 5 Offspring songs.

We both also love it when cute girls say "Baby I'm ready to go."

Ah Saffron from Republica - not only did she have more attitude than all of the Spice Girls combined, she was a darn sight hotter too! Oh, and her two songs weren't bad either.

As mentioned previously I was a bit too young for this era of The Offspring - Self Esteem is therefore "fine" but not impactful. I did love Gone Away though - I'm pretty sure I've heard it before, but I have no memory where. To think Pretty Fly for a White Guy is just one album removed...