Episode 15: Masters of the Universe

RSS

Thanks for the kind words, folks. I think I speak for Damien when I say I'm really glad we decided not to call it quits, either. I won't postulate as to what film we'll cover next or when, but I'm sure it'll be fun (re: brain-meltingly painful).

I have a lot of ideas for the future, not only for movies to cover but from an editing standpoint. Having no deadline will allow me to do a lot of creative things I normally wouldn't have the time to do.

Plus, I can (finally) create some new really funny intros and outros specifically for the two of us. On a slightly more serious note, I think we can branch out into other media if Dubs wants to, as well.

I want us to get a "band name" for ourselves, too. Like The Syndicate, Project Cadmus, etc. Maybe something like "The Ty-Rants". Or Helpful Dicks. :smilewinkgrin:

I like the Ty-Rants. I'm psyched that you guys aren't ending. You were the only podcast after WFP that I was waiting for each month. That's not saying anything against any other podcasts because they are all equally amazing but I never bothered to learn the date they come out I just go to the main page and am like "Oh hey, this podcast is out again." but this one was my favorite because I love listening to people review shit movies, this is by far the funniest show I've ever heard.

A great listen, both in a reviewing and administrative sense. Whilst I think Mike did bring something extra to the dynamic (bear in mind I edited 26 podcasts with Adham), I ultimately don't think it's a major setback to revert to a 2 presenter scenario. The Tirades is ultimately James' baby, but he has such a great foil in Dubs that I'm excited for the "new" set-up.

All Hail Tranquil Tirades Version 2.0! Just don't become a flabby laughing stock, now.... With Shannon Moore.

• 3 weeks later...

Frank Langella was interviewed on the radio this morning, and someone brought up this flick, Langella said this and I paraphrase: "Skeletor is one of my favorites, I loved playing Skeletor. I did the film for my four year old son, and I was so excited to show it to him, and then he promptly fell asleep in my lap."

Jennifer Aniston refused to be interviewed by BBC Radio movie critic Mark Kermode after he repeatedly (in his last 4 or 5 reviews of her films) said she had a great face for TV.

This video blog by Kermode is fucking hilarious - http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/markkermode/2009/10/what_jennifer_anistons_best_fr.html

I'll forever count the Good Girl in her favour since it's the film where she actually acted and it wasn't some saccharine BS compliant to her usual BS. Office Space is great but she's not close to being the reason why. Cox has Scream, and Ace Ventura if you like that film. Aniston comes out a little ahead in my book, but only if you're counting positives. Throw in negatives and Jesus she's through the floor.

• 2 months later...

I liked how you compared parts of it to "Thor." When my sister, her fiance and I went to see "Thor" we had our expectations low. I think this was due to having movies like "Masters of the Universe" and we all left saying something along the lines of "holy crap! this was much better than I expected." In fact the fiance went into a short Thor obession.

the part where you mention that Thor smashes the cup "This is wonderful, I want more!" and compared/contrast to where He-man is more like someone in a costume rather than the actual character. You would think a different universe would have different customs and taboos.