The Lone Ranger

JackFetch

The Lone Ranger is a thrilling adventure infused with action and humor, in which the famed masked hero is brought to life through new eyes. Native American spirit warrior Tonto (Johnny Depp) recounts the untold tales that transformed John Reid (Armie Hammer), a man of the law, into a legend of justice — taking the audience on a runaway train of epic surprises and humorous friction as the two unlikely heroes must learn to work together and fight against greed and corruption.

b4w9av.jpg

I just....I can't.....

Naw, it's cool. Depp knows about Indians.

"I guess I have some Native American [in me] somewhere down the line. My great-grandmother was quite a bit of Native American, she grew up Cherokee or maybe Creek Indian. Makes sense in terms of coming from Kentucky, which is rife with Cherokee and Creek." -actual quote from Depp

Ha! Yeah, I was prepared to be an apologist for this film because of how excited I am for it, but yikes.

The facepaint is actually appropriate given that's what they wore back then. Pictures prove that. But even the LR himself looks ridiculous in that picture. Looks like a guy who works in a Starbucks wearing a homemade costume as opposed to someone who survived his whole unit being slaughtered mercilessly.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Going to see this later today.

I concur with with the review calling it odd, there's attempts at comedy but then they go for serious and showing the brutal murdering of people. Then back to comedy. Its really quite strange. And the final act is........... I don't know what was going and how people came to be where they were.

It bombed.

It’s a lonely audience for “Lone Ranger” this Fourth of July weekend.

In a scenario reminiscent of Disney’s “John Carter,” “Ranger” finally broke $10 million on Friday, the highest-grossing day since its Wednesday opening.

The actioner has earned $30.2 million to date, and should close out its five-day bow around $46 million, a long way from its $250 million budget before marketing.

And the thing we all learn from this? Don't hide Johnny Depp under a shitload of makeup.

Wait, how the hell did a western cost $250 MILLION?! That's 30 million more than the frickin' Avengers! More than Man of Steel! More than Iron Man 3! The only film close to that in cost is the Hobbit, and at least there it's bankable. Jesus Christ, who's idea was this?