Other special weeklong events

Missy

So I've received some decent feedback concerning Sin City week, and that got me thinking about other weeklong events Earth-2 could run. Here are the ones I've come up with:

Star Wars Week :: May 16 - 20 :: to celebrate the release of Episode III

Batman Week :: June 13 - 17 :: to celebrate the release of Batman Begins

Fantastic Four Week :: July 04 - 08 :: to celebrate the release of The Fantastic Four

Mario Week :: October 03 - 08 :: to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Super Mario Bros. (date may be inaccurate)

George A. Romero Week :: October 17 - 21 :: to celebrate the release of Land of the Dead

Concerns:

I'd also like to run a Tim Burton Week, but which is better, July 11 through 15 (for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) or September 19 through 23 (for Corpse Bride)?

It would be neat to pay tribute to the Back to the Future franchise, which turns 20 on July 03, but running a weeklong event would conflict with Fantastic Four Week.

What are your thoughts on these proposed events?

Do Tim Burton Week for the Corpse Bride. July already has a specialty week, and there's a big gap between July and October.

I agree with that for two reasons. First, the one you mentioned. Second, Burton Week would directly follow FF Week, which might inadvertently serve to mute the impact/importance of the tribute to the director.

Mario Week :: October 03 - 08 :: to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Super Mario Bros. (date may be inaccurate)

And no Sonic week? What has the world come too.

I;m formally asking for a 15th anny for Sonic in July 2006

And no Sonic week? What has the world come too.

I;m formally asking for a 15th anny for Sonic in July 2006

Mmm... we'll see. Fifteenth anniversaries are kind of useless.

• 1 month later...

Big problem. The week of May 16 is supposed to be Star Wars Week (to celebrate the release of Episode III), however, it's also the week of E3 -- which means I will be out of town from Tuesday onward. Hopefully I'll be able to get everything ready early so the celebration can move forward, but we'll see. If not, I'll simply push it back one week.

As it stands, the week would look like this:

Monday: Versus

Tuesday: Episode I

Wednesday: Wallpaper and Episode II

Thursday: Episode III

Friday: Now That It's Over... [a piece looking at where Star Wars fans go from here]