Episode 238

RSS

Desmond is off to Las Vegas, but there's still a huge show for you to enjoy. First off, he and Darryll pay tribute to the deceased legend Moebius with a lengthy review of Heavy Metal. Then Devil Dinosaur, Jr. gives us a double feature of Stay Scary with reviews of the Korean Death Bell and the Thai Art of the Devil III. Desmond returns to go solo on the naked-vampire epic Lips of Blood! Plus, your emails! Exclamation points! Songs included: "The Mob Rules" by Black Sabbath, "Heavy Metal" by Sammy Hagar, "Baddest of the Bad" by The Reverend Horton Heat, "Mutilated Lips" by Ween, and "Viva Las Vegas" by Dead Kennedys. [ 1:33:57 || 45.3 MB ]

To listen, click here: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/dreadmedia/episodes/dreadmedia_238.mp3

A few points - In the review I mentioned a Mobius documentary on VIMEO. It's no longer there but it is on Youtube. If you haven't already, it's well worth checking out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUT1LH8ZlXo&NR=1&feature=endscreen

The name of the comic artist who created Rocco Vargas is Daniel Torres. It bugged me that I couldn't remember his name. I couldn't find a really good gallery of his work but I encourage anyone that appreciates the clean lines of Herge' or Will Eisner to seek him out. Rocco Vargas is kind of a pop art science fiction saga with a real 1950s flair as seen through a 1980s lens. It's sexy and fun.